Chapter 12 : I'm so sorry...

Disclaimer: blood and mention of death

The crowds began closing in.

She could barely see, only white, bits of blurry colour here and there, but mostly just blinding white light.

The pooling crimson around her beaten form felt sticky and warm against her leather like scales and skin.

It didn't hurt anymore though, not like she could feel anything anymore.

She could barely even move her wings, or at least the tattered bit of what was left.

Was this it? Was this how she was going to die? Just an achievement of a few select villages out in the middle of nowhere? Just bragging rights to be flaunted in a couple bars over the years?

It hurt so much before, she wasn't sure how she had stayed awake through it all.

Yet... not once had she fought back.

She vowed to herself years ago that never, never would she harm a human or anything with the mind or intelligence of one. At least, the ones who were innocent.

These people, despite their actions, were acting out of nothing but fear at this point, she could tell. She could smell the fear just radiating off of them every single time one came near.

The funniest thing about it all, if it was possible to find something humorous about any of this, was how if she wanted to, she could have killed them all with ease. And they knew it too.

Yet here she was, her body and mind just barely clinging onto life.

"Beast, you have tormented our people for too long." The same man who started all this spoke up once more, "Now... you pay with your life."

He brought his sword up over her head, ready to slash down, slicing it clean off.

The dragon's eyes watched weakly as he did this, closing them slowly as he swung the sword down to her throat.

...

Everything was silent.

Was she... de-

Suddenly an ear-splitting roar shook the earth, the sound of large feet shredding through the earth until...

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

The dragon's (e/c) eyes snapped open as she glanced up at the large red dragon and the blonde boy riding on top.

Or at least, that's what it looked like, her vision was still blurry and fading fast.

She wasn't quite sure what happened as her hearing kind of faded out, but she knew that someone, maybe even two or three people, were yelling about something.

Scratch that, definitely multiple people yelling back and forth about something.

As her eyes eventually fell shut and her world faded to black, she felt an unfamiliar feeling of warmth around her, like something or someone had embraced her, dragging her back to the living world.