···Chapter Eight···

I stood at the underpass and peeked around the cement looking at three men, two by a van and one in front of them.

    What the hell is going on here? I thought as Peter swung in next to me.

    "Shadow? What are you doing here?" he asked.

    "We really gotta stop meeting like this..." I muttered peering around the cement once more. "These guys have some really really interesting weapons, you know like the ATM robbers, I think it's some sort of alien technology."

    "Now, this is crafted from a reclaimed sub-Ultron arm straight from Sokovia." one of the sellers said holding a gun type weapon, he handed it to re buyer. "Here. You try."

    "Jesus..." Peter whispered as we watched on.

    "I wanted something low-key. Why are you trying to upsell me, man?" the buyer asked.

    "Okay, okay. I got what you need, all right? I got tons of great stuff here." the seller said going to the back of the van. "One sec." he said looking for something. "Okay, I got black hole grenades, Chitauri railguns..." just then the weapon in the mans hands went off. "You letting off shots in public now?"

    "Hurry up."

    "Look, times are changing. We're the only ones selling these high-tech weapons." the other seller informed.

    "So this is where the ATM robbers got their stuff..." Peter said looking down at me, I nodded and focused on the three shady men.

    "I need something to stick up somebody. I'm not trying to shoot them back in time." the buyer explained.

    I wish I could go back in time... I thought. Granted I would probably fuck a lot of things up, but it would still be an awesome experience... As long as there are no aliens, Daleks, or Cybermen...

    "I got antigrav climbers." the seller said.

    "Yo, climbers?"

    Just then an annoying song started playing from Peter's pocket. I slowly turned my head towards him with a glare, his phone was ringing.

    "Okay, what the hell is that?" the other seller asked.

    "Did you set us up?!"

    Then they all started shooting, now it was time for Peter and I to intervene.

    "Hey, hey, man." Peter said as we ran in.

    "Hey! Hey, come on." I said as I pulled one of the guns away with my mind, the buyer leaving as soon as we came in.

    "You gonna shoot at somebody, shoot at us." Peter said.

    "All right." the seller said as he began to fire at us,  we dodged their shots as they got into the van.

    "Do you trust me?" Peter asked. I took a deep breath.

    "Do I really have a choice?" I asked. He webbed the back to the van and grabbed me as they drove off.

    They swerved and shot trying to get rid of us as they drove through the city streets.

    "This doesn't seem safe!" I said as I hugged Peter tightly as he held onto the web with both hands.

    "It's really not," he said as the van swerved, cutting the web and flinging us into some trash cans.

    I groaned and watched the van disappear around the corner.