···Chapter Nine···

Peter swung onto Liz's neighbors roof and threw on his clothes, I did the same, we both took off our masks and looked at each other, then down at the party that was still going on.

    "Don't they know that it's a school night?" I asked.

    Peter chuckled. "I guess not." he pulled out his phone and texted someone. "I told Ned that I'm back and ready to go, also my aunt will be here to pick us up, we could give you a ride if you want."

    "I mean if your aunt wouldn't mind," I said with wide eyes. "I don't want to impose or anything..."

    "She won't care, c'mon." peter said jumping off the roof and stumbling the landing a bit, I chuckled and jumped off, sticking the landing.

    "Ugh," I groaned, Peter looked at me with a concerned face. "No, the landing, it's really hard on your knees." I said with a smile as we walked to the front of Liz's house. Ned was already waiting there.

    "Thanks for bailing on me, dude. Where'd you go?" Ned asked, he wasn't all that angry, he was feeling a little depressed having to be at a party where he knew no one and had to listen to his best friend get called names by the entire party.

    It made me think of MJ... I left her all alone, here and at the house, maybe I should tell her about me being Shadow...

    "Let's just go, May's here." Peter said motioning to the car. We walked towards it and Peter opened the passenger side backdoor for me.

    "Thank you," I said quietly as he shut the door with a smile. He got in the front seat as Ned went around the car and slid in next to me.

    "May this is our friend, (Y/n) Banner, she uh...  Needs a ride home." Peter said looking at his aunt.

    "Sure thing," she said looking at me in the rear view mirror with a smile. "How was the party guys?" she asked as she pulled away from Liz's house and followed the directions I gave her.

    I looked out the window, not really sure how to answer.

    "It was great, May," Peter said looking out the window.

    It was followed by an awkward silence as May drove to Tony's house.

    "It's just up here," I said reaching forward and pointing up the curvy road.

    "Okay," she said with a smile. "So, (Y/n), are you in the Stark internship as well?"

    "Not exactly," I said glancing toward Ned. "I'm not really in the internship, but I help out some of the kids, as well as helping out Mr. Stark."

    "So are you really smart too?" she asked as she continued to drive up the long, curvy, road.

    "I- I wouldn't say really smart..." I said sheepishly.

    Peter chuckled. "May, (Y/n)'s Dr. Bruce Banner's daughter."

    May's eyes widened. "Really?" she asked, I nodded. "I've heard about you! Didn't you design something... What was it?"

    "I helped design Tony's Hulk Buster suit," I said with a small smile.

    "Wow!" May said with a smile. "You are really smart."

    "I'll say so," Ned said with a smile. "(Y/n) read and understood Eric Selvig's notes on thermonuclear astrophysics at the age of twelve!"

    "It's not that hard..." I said as my cheeks flushed.

    "Your father must be very proud," May said. Peter looked at me with wide eyes.

    I smiled slightly. "Yeah..."