Bonus chapter 2

In thanks for 20k reads another bonus chapter! Thank you all so much!

Skylar's POV

Today is the day

Today is the day.

The day we tell Nico about his 'father'.

Nico is now 12 years old.

"Nico!" I call him.

"Coming mom." He yells back.

Elijah is here with me, twins are having day nap. Yes they are 8, but they still need it. And Elina is at Lily's, playing with Jace. They are still inseparable.

"It will be fine love." Elijah says and squeezes my shoulder in encouragement.

Just then Nico comes down. "Yes mom?"

"Nico we need to talk a bit." I softly say and he takes a sit.

"Dad what is this about? If it is about the fight yesterday, I was just protecting one boy they were picking on." Well it's a first time I hear about that but Elijah seems to know.

"No it's not about that." Elijah says and gives me look to start.

"Nico there is something I need to tell you, something we need to tell you. All I am asking you is to listen till I finish okay?"

"Sure mom."

"You know how in life you can be have girlfriends or in my case boyfriends before you find the one you want to spend your life with, like I have found Elijah, your dad." Take a deep breath Skylar. Deep breath.

"Well and before I have met your dad, I was with one other boy. I thought we were in love and we were dating for four years. Then I found out I was pregnant and I told my boyfriend back then and well he told me he doesn't want to do anything with me and unborn child." I take a pause to look at Nico and see his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well I knew I love that child and will do everything in order to protect him or her. I told my parents and they told me I am not their daughter anymore, so I moved to New York on my own. Found a job and met Aunt Lily. Few months later and I gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy in the world, you. I got over my brokenheart with love for my baby."

"A year later I met Elijah and he has instantly fallen in love with you. He raised you like his own son and loved you everyday. He both showed us how a true family works and well we together made bigger family. So I guess what I was trying to tell you Nico is that dad, Elijah isn't exactly your father by blood, but he loves you just as he loves Elina, Ethan and Jaxon." I finally take a deep breath and see Elijah is looking at Nico with anticipation.

Nico looks at me, takes a breath. "Is that it?"

"What? Nico I know you might be angry but please don't shut us out. We figured at your age is the best to know but me and dad don't want anything to change."

"Mom I am not angry. Dad gave me everything. I don't care if he isn't my 'true father', for me he is." Nico calmly says. I see Elijah's eyes are overflowing with relief.

"Oh Nico, I was so scared that you will be mad at me." I admit with slight tears in my eyes.

"Mom I could never be mad at you. I actually kinda knew about dad."

"What? How?"

"There isn't one photo of me and him before I was one so I found it weird but didn't want to bug you."

Kids nowadays are too smart for their own good.

"Look mom, dad I really love you both. I am not angry or mad or disappointed, I could never wished for better parents, but I have game tomorrow and I should really practice."

This makes me and Elijah chuckle. "Go on son." He encourages him and with that Nico bolts out.

"Well that went well." I inquire.

"It did love, it did." And now just one more thing to go well.. I think to myself.

"Elijah?"

"Yes Pearl?"

"How would you feel about expanding our family?" I carefully ask.

"Is this about another pet? Pearl I love our kids but they already have a turtle and a hamster."

"It's not about new pet. They don't need any new pet. I was just thinking about how you always wished for 5 kids."

"I did. Do you want to have another one?"

Okay, now it the time.

"Well I thought I didn't want too. But when I found out I was pregnant I knew I will love him or her, just like I love all the others."

"Di-did you just say you are pregnant again?"

"Yup, I seriously don't know how though."

"Well I can explain of show you how." He smirks.

"Elijah!" I scold him.

He lifts his hands up in surrender.

"Thank you for making my wish come true." He says and embraces me into a hug.

This is the last you will heard from in Skylar's POV

This is the last you will heard from in Skylar's POV... *wipes tears*