Chapter one ~ Be safe

Hermione's POV

I cried in my boyfriends arms as we sat on his bed in his room in the burrow. I knew I had done the right thing when I obliviated my parents but it still hurt.
"We're going to find them when this is all over, I promise you that." Fred said calming and compassionate and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"Thank you." I said. I braced myself for what I had to tell him next.
"There's something else..." Fred instantly looked worried at me.
"What?" He asked
"While Dumbledore was still alive he gave Harry a mission. He won't return to Hogwarts next year. Neither will Ron and I, we'll follow him and help him." I told him. Fred sat in silence like if he didn't want it to be true.
"So you three are going away?" He asked
"yes."
"When do you return?" He asked a bit shaking
"I don't know." I answered truthfully
"Will you return?" He asked looking down at the bed
"I don't know. But I promise you that I will do my best to do so." I promised him and he looked up at me
"I know you will." He said
"Why do you have to go?"
"I can't tell you. It's for your own safety. But trust me, it's the most important mission if we're going to stop Voldemort and win this war. " I told him
"Can't I go with you?" He asked even though he knew he couldn't.
"No you have the shop and George needs your help with it."
"George have Angelina now, she can help him."
"He needs you too. Your task is here but I have to go." I looked into his eyes just to really make sure he understood how important it was.
"I know you do. I just wish that you didn't have to. I wish you could stay with me in safety. " He sighed and held my hand tight.
"I wish so too." I said sadly
"When do you leave?" He asked
"The day after Bill and Fleur's wedding."
"So I just have three more days with you?! Why didn't you tell me sooner so I could've spent every moment with you?" He said hopelessly
"I know.  But we'll just have to value the time we have." I said and leaned my head against his shoulder.
"That I can do."
"I'll miss you." He continued
"I'll miss you too." I answered but the words wasn't enough for what I would feel when we would be gone.

Fred's POV

When I woke up that morning I didn't think Yay it's Bill and Fleur's wedding!  I thought Oh no, it's my last day with Hermione.
I hated that she had to leave, understood but hated it.
I didn't want to think about how my girlfriend would be out there jeopardizing her life every day. Of course she would have Harry and Ron with her and she could very well protect herself, she was one of the strongest people I've  ever met. I didn't know what I would do if anything happened to her. I loved her and I had to tell her how much before it was to late. You never know in war.

"Mornin' Freddie." Said George from his bed
"Morning Georgie." I answered
"What's the time?" He asked. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and turned to him
"almost 9 o'clock."
"Merlin's beard, Mom's gonna kill us!" He exclaimed and the both of us rushed out of our beds to get dressed and help the others get the last minute decorations ready.

Later we stood outside the party tent helping people find their seats as they arrived. George and I had our best robes as we waited for our girls together with Ron and Harry. When they came I was sure the other girls were beautiful but I had only eyes for the one girl with bushy brown hair and a red dress. She smiled to me and walked towards me.
"You look amazing, love." I exhaled amazed. Hermione blushes a little but smiled even wider.
"Thank you. And you don't look too bad yourself."
"I'm doing my best." I chuckled
"Always do that." She told me and I smiled back at her
"I promise." And that was a promise I planned to keep.

I held Hermione in my arms as we danced slowly to the song in the background. I bent down a little and whispered in her ear
"I love you more than anything else in the world." She smiled wide
"More than George?" She asked jokingly
"Yeah but don't tell him that." I said
"I promise." A lot of promises tonight but not one that'll really matter. I thought
"Can you promise that you'll be safe?" I asked even though I knew the answer. Her smile faded.
"I can't and you know that. Can you promise that you won't do anything stupid?" She asked back
"I can't." I answered and for a moment we just continued to dance in silence.
"I love you too." She said in my ear and I smiled wide. My lips met hers in and in a wonderful moment it was just Hermione and me in the world, no war or worries, just us.

But that's when Kingsley's patronus appeared and made a chaos. The death eaters came short after and everybody panicked and apparated away from the tent. But I had lost Hermione in the crowd and couldn't see her.
"Hermione!" I yelled. I saw between two people  who apparated away Hermione, Harry and Ron stand together holding hands. They were about to leave for their mission and I didn't even get to say goodbye. Hermione met my gaze
"Be safe." I mouthed. She nodded and they were gone.