Chapter five ~ Back to Hogwarts

Fred's POV

Once again we were back home at the burrow. Hermione, Ron and Harry had left to continue their mysterious quest a few days ago and the day after we, among all the wizards who read the daily prophet, could read that there'd been a break in at Gringotts. The article didn't say who it had been but we knew just who.
George and I sat at the couch in the living room engulfed in a game of wizard chess. I know that wizard chess is bit of Ron's thing but we did it first. A lot more people know about how we got Ron his arachnophobia but nobody knows that we also were the first to introduce the game to our dear little brother. It was actually just after the spider incident...

But back to reality. My queen were just about to smash his knight when we got the message. It was time. We were going back to hogwarts. And we were ready.

Hermione's POV

"Neville." Harry, Ron and I gasped happily when he climbed out of Ariana's portrait.
"I knew you would come!" He greeted with a smile and a big hug.
"What happened to you?" I asked chocked when his wounded face came into view.
"Hogwarts has changed a lot. But I'll fill you in on the way. Come on." He said
"Oh and Aberforth, there may be some others coming too." He told Aberforth as he started walking back through the portrait. We followed him through.
When we got to the other side of the tunnel Neville gestured us to wait and peeked out of the tunnel.
"Hey guys, I'm back. And I have a surprise." He said
"As long as it isn't more of Aberforth's food." Seamus complained. I couldn't see how Neville looked from their view but I guess he smiled as he stepped aside letting the others see Harry, Ron and me. Cheers and applauses were heard from the room.
We hugged many friends and fellow students. When silence fell Harry spoke up
"We're here cause we need to find something. We don't know where or what it is but I think it has something to do with Rowena Ravenclaw. Does anyone know about a lost item or similar that had something to do with her?" He asked. Quiet murmur echoed in the room as people whispered and shook their heads.
"Maybe it's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." Luna said calmly
"But Luna, it's been lost for hundreds of years." Cho Chang said doubtful
"It's the best we have to go on." Harry shrugged. He was just about to continued when the door opened to the room and Ginny Weasley stepped inside. She panted a little and seemed to have run.
"Snake has called all students to the great hall." She said before she saw Harry, Ron and me.
"Harry." She exclaimed surprised. I could hear Ron murmur something beside me. Since no one said anything I spoke up.
"Ginny." I smiled and hugged her, she immediately hugged back
"Hermione! It's so good to see you again!" She said
"Same to you." I answered.
"So what's the plan?" Neville asked.

A few minutes later the plan was ready and we were about to go. That's when Ariana's portrait opened once again and the order of the phoenix stepped inside. There were Lupin, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Kingsley and more. When Mrs Weasley came to me after she had hugged Ron and Harry with a big smile and opened arms I stepped into her embrace without a single doubt. Molly Weasley was like a second mom to me and she felt warm and safe.
"Oh my dear it's been to long." She said lovingly
"It really has Mrs Weasley." I said with a sincere smile.
"Oh I've told you to call me Molly."
"Right sorry." I excused
"No it's alright dear." She said and turned around to search for Ginny in the crowd.
But when Fred and George stepped in the room Fred and I immediately found each other in the crowd and joined in a hug.
"Hello." I greeted
"Long time no see." He said back though we had seen just a few days ago.
"What a surprise." I said
"A good one I hope." He said with raised eyebrows. I avoided his gaze
"That you're here, yeah. But not that you're here." I told him hoping he would understand
"Yeah, I wish you were somewhere safer too." He said as worried for me as I was for him.
"I know none of us can promise not to get hurt or... worse. But can you at least promise me that you won't do anything stupid?" I asked.
"I promise." He smiled and blinked.
"Okay Let's go everyone!" Someone shouted and everyone started moving towards the exit.
Fred and I shared a look and our lips met in what we knew could be our last kiss together.
And then we went to face the battle of Hogwarts.