Chapter eight ~ The end

Harry's POV

On my way to the forbidden forest I met Neville. He was helping some others carrying bodies inside. I walked towards him. I had just gotten a idea, created of the wish to be completely sure.
"Neville." I said to get his attention.
"Harry! Don't scare me like that!" He jumped
"Sorry." I excused
"What are you doing here? You're not going to turn yourself in are you?!" He asked scared.
"No, no of course not. It's all a part of the plan. It's just something I have to do." I tried
"Okay..." He said doubtful
"Neville, do you know that snake that Voldemort has? Nagini?" I asked
"Yeah." He answered
"It needs to die. Ron and Herm..." I stopped
"...Ron know it already. I just thought that it would be good if you knew so if you get the chance or so..." I corrected myself . Dumbledore had given this task to Me, Ron and Hermione. It was meant to be three. Now at least there would be two who knew about it.
"I kill the snake?" Neville said
"Yeah, kill the snake." I confirmed
"Got it." He nodded
"Look, I have to go." I said and started to take a few steps away
"Harry?" He called
"I'm sorry about Hermione. She was a good friend." He said. I swallowed and nodded
"Yeah. She really was."
And I walked into the forbidden forest.

I felt in my pocket and took out the snitch. I breathed on it once again and the words I will open at the close appeared. In that moment I understood. I brought the snitch to my mouth and whispered
"I'm soon going to die." And the snitch opened to reveal a small stone.

Fred's POV

My world crumbled into ashes but the world around me seemed to not give a damn about that it no longer had the most incredible witch of all time in it.

Now my fiancé laid there in the great hall that she had loved with her bushy brown hair spread around her pale face, her intelligent brown eyes closed forever. I held her hand and sat beside her silent. I watched her and couldn't look away, it was like if something inside me told me that she'd might wake up again and kiss me lovingly like as if nothing had happened. Words weren't enough for the grief that I felt, I'd thought that it had hurt when I thought I'd lost her days ago but it was just a scrape in comparison to this.

During my years with Hermione I had heard multiple people wondering why she wasn't in Ravenclaw, incredibly smart as she was, but I had never seen anyone fit better in Gryffindor than her. She could've ended up in any house really, she was super loyal, amazingly wise and ore ambitious than most others but what made the decision was her bravery I think. She was the bravest person I knew. She had given her own life without a doubt in a selfless try to save me and Percy. If that isn't bravery than I'm Albus Dumbledore's cat.

Suddenly Ron looked up and searched the room.
"Where's Harry?" He asked causing everyone to look all around after him. Spoiler; He wasn't there.
"We need to find him before he does something stupid." Ginny said and they all except George stood up and started to leave the room.
"Come on Freddie, lets go help them." George said but I didn't move a muscle.
"I can't leave her." I stated
"Fred I know it's hard but you can't do anything more for her. She would want you to go and search for her best friend who could be in a lot of trouble right now, wouldn't she?" He told me. I knew he was right but I didn't want him to be. I knew it sounded childish but I really didn't want to leave her. It felt as if I'd leave her she would be truly dead. But something made me change my mind though I didn't know what. But I followed George outside where a awful sight were to meet us.

(Time skip)

Harry's POV

I ran through the great hall under my invisible cloak. The battle was raging around me once again. But this time it was all going to end. After this the war would be over, one way or another.
I seeked the room after Voldemort, soon I saw him dueling McGonagall, Slughorn and Kingsley at the same time. I started to make my way towards them when I saw Bellatrix fighting  Ginny and Luna. Bellatrix fired a spell that were only centimeters from Ginny. She could've died. I were a few centimeters from losing Ginny. Like Fred had lost Hermione.
Oh my god. I needed to end this war before someone else lost a loved one.
I changed my path from Voldemort to Ginny and Luna but Mrs Weasley got in my way.
"Not my daughter you bitch!" She screamed. Let's just say it was the last battle Bellatrix ever fought.
Voldemort's rage over Bellatrix's death exploded like a bomb, throwing McGonagall, Kingsley and Slughorn away. He pointed his wand towards Mrs Weasley and that's when I had enough.
"Protego!" I yelled. The spell spread around in the middle of the hall and, to my delight, confused Voldemort who looked around. I took off the invisibility cloak and everyone in the hall gasped in chock. I heard things like "He's alive!" And "Harry!". Voldemort and I started to walk around each other in a circle.
"I don't want anyone else trying to help." I said loudly. "It has to be me."
"He doesn't mean it. That's not how he works, is it? Who will die for you this time? I heard that your little mudblood friend already did." Voldemort mocked. I caught a glimpse of how Ron, Fred and Ginny was held back from attacking. I understood them. How dare he say so about Hermione!?!
"So I guess the golden trio is now a duo. But don't you worry, You'll soon meet her again together with your dear parents. And your other friends won't be long after..." Thats when I stopped listening. Something else took up my mind. "together with your dear parents" he had said. Suddenly I understood . I had to tell the others before it was too late but I couldn't. I needed to finish this first.
And so I did. I used the expelliarnus spell against his avada kedavra. I won. The war was over. And Voldemort laid dead on the floor.

Chocked silence was all to be heard before a loud cheer broke out. A chaos of relief, happiness and sorrow broke out. But I had other things in mind. I needed to get to madame pomfrey. A lot of people tried to talk to me but I just nodded and made my way towards the side of the hall. Then my way was blocked by Ginny and Ron.
"Harry. You did it!" Ron exclaimed. I nodded absent looking over his shoulder.
"I knew you would." Ginny said and hugged me. I hugged her back halfhearted.
"But don't ever scare me like that again." She whispered in my ear. She let go of me.
"I'll try." I said. She must have noticed that something was off and was just about to ask about it when the rest of the Weasleys found us.
"Harry! I'm so proud of you." Mrs Weasley exclaimed and hugged me.
"Good work." George said. Fred stood beside him silent. That reminded me of what I had to do.
"Madame Pomfrey." I blurted out. They looked at me confused
"What?" Ron asked
"Can someone get Madame Pomfrey? And tell her it's urgent. A matter of life or death." I asked. They now looked both worried and confused
"I'll do it. I'll be back soon." Percy said and ran off. I started to make my way towards the bodies.
"What is it Harry? Are you hurt?" Ginny asked as they all walked with me. I shook my head.
"No. But Hermione is."