Chapter fourteen ~ Best friend

Hermione's POV

"...And I hope we never see each other here again." Nurse Jones said with a sincere smile as we said farewell in the st Mungos hospital reception a week after I had woken up.
"So do we." Fred chuckled behind me.
"I'll do my best." I promised
"You better." Nurse Jones reprehended me and gave me a hug.
"Thank you for everything, I wouldn't be sitting here if it weren't for you." I thanked her.
"I was just doing my job." She said humble
"And you do it dam well too." Fred chuckled and shook her hand.
"Let's go home." He kissed my forehead, turned my wheelchair around and and drove me out of the doors of the hospital where we apparated to the burrow.

"You ready?" Fred asked with a hand on my shoulder outside the burrow
"Yeah." I nodded
"If you want help just squeeze my hand, okay?"
"Okay." I confirmed and we walked (or technically I sat but still) through the doors. Inside were the whole Weasley family plus Harry, Hagrid, Neville and Luna. The minute we were inside the house we were surrounded by people hugging us, asking how i'm feeling and more. Fred immediately hugged George and started joking with him and Bill.
"Hagrid!" I greeted him with a big smile. I hadn't seen him since the war. He gave me a big hug
"Good 'yer better Hermione." He said
"Yeah I feel the same." I answered still smiling.
"Oh dear! It's so good to have you home!" Mrs Weasley exclaimed joyfully and gave me a hug
"Thank you. I hope it won't be too much trouble." I said
"Oh never, dear." She said with a smile and stepped aside to let Harry and Ron give me a big hug.
"Welcome back." Harry smiled
"Thanks." I smiled back
"Hermione!" Ginny shrieked as she ran to me and gave me a hug.
"Hi." I hugged back. Suddenly I felt dizzy so I put my head in my hand.
"Are you okay?" Ginny asked a bit worried. Fred immediately looked up and was at my side the next second.
"What happened?"
"Nothing I'm fine. I'm just a little dizzy." I waved it off. Fred took my hand and I squeezed his.
"Maybe we can sit down and take it a little easy for a minute? The doctor said she should take it easy for some time." He suggested
"Yes. Dinner is ready." Mrs Weasley said and we all sat down at the table which was filled with all kinds of delicious food. For a few minutes were chaos the ruler of the dining room while everyone tried to get everything they wanted on their plates. Then it turned to silence where only chewing could be heard.
But the dizziness didn't give up on its grip. I felt like if everyone screamed as soon as they said anything and I just couldn't be there anymore. I turned to Fred beside me and whispered
"I think I have to rest." He nodded understanding and rose up from his chair. Everyone went silent
"Is everything okay?" Mrs Weasley asked
"Yes. I just have to lie down for a bit. Nothing to worry about." I explained
"I'll take her up on her room." Fred said
"Let me. You have a lot to catch up with these guys." Ron insisted. Fred looked at me asking.
"Okay." I nodded. Fred sat down again and Ron stood up. He helped me get upstairs and go to a extra bed in Ginny's room.
"Thanks Ron." I said. He looked like he wanted to say something but shook his head and started to leave.
"What is it?" I asked
"Nothing." He shrugged
"Yes it is something. You can tell me you know." I insisted
"It's just. I thought I'd lost you for a while there. I thought you were dead." He started
"I know. I'm so sorry." I interrupted
"No you don't have to be. It's just I started thinking then and after when so many came and told stories about you I realized something. I was a horrible friend." He said
"No Ron you weren't..." I started
"Yes I was! I shut you out multiple times and teased you all the time. You're one of my best friends Hermione and I'm so sorry for everything."
"Ron. You are wrong. Maybe we had some fights back in the days but that's doesn't matter now. You're one of my best friends too and I forgave you a long time ago." I said and hugged him.
"Thanks Hermione. I'll let you rest. See you later." He said and walked out the door. I took a deep breath and sank into the pillow.

After a few hours of sleep I had new energy too go downstairs and meet the others. There was just one problem; I couldn't get down the stairs on my own. So now I needed a plan.
Well I could always prank Fred and start screaming bloody murder...