Chapter sixteen ~ Christmas

Fred's POV

I found Hermione in her and Ginny's room sitting on her bed with tears in her eyes which she quickly tried to wipe off when she saw me. I sat down next to her and took the photo of her parents out of her hands. My arms were around her the next second and she started to cry again.
"It's okay. I know it's hard but it's gonna be okay." I comforted her.
"I know." She nodded "I just miss them."
"I know. Of course you do, they're your parents. But I promise that we will find them and get them back."
"Thank you." She smiled and we sat together for a while in silence until we heard Mom yell that it was time for christmas lunch.
"Well we better go then. The others won't be happy if they have to wait to eat your moms food." She laughed and stood up.
In the last months she had gotten a lot better. She didn't have to use the wheelchair as much and had started walking around with crutches. But she got tired very fast and couldn't do too much. She had her wheelchair downstairs and started to take her crutches and slowly make her way towards the stairs. Though she didn't get far. Before she knew it I had picked her up and carried her bridal style down the stairs. She just laughed. I sat her down in the wheelchair by the stairs and drove her to the table. It was quite a crowd. Bill and Fleur sat beside each other, Charlie had traveled from Romania and sat beside Bill, Percy sat on the other side of the table with Ron and Ginny. Harry sat on the far right so he could feed baby Teddy on the edge of the table. George sat on Fleur's other side so I sat down beside him and Hermione was on my other side. When Mom and Dad also had gotten a seat we all dug in on the delicious food.
We had opened our presents that morning and Hermione now wore the silver necklace I had bought her. It looked just as good on her as I had expected.
I was a bit nervous honestly over George's and my announcement later, I hadn't told her about it and didn't know how she would react.
When we all sat in the sofas in front of the fire later it was time. George and I shared a nod and stood up.
"Well everyone..." George started
"...We have an announcement." I said
"We welcome you to the grand reopening..."
"...of Weasleys wizarding wheezes, on the first of january." I finished. The whole family stood up and congratulated us with hugs and pats on the back. But I just looked at Hermione expectant. She looked back with genuine happiness in her eyes and a smile. She rolled her wheelchair to me and stood up and kissed me. Then she gave George a hug.
"Finally. The perfect way to start the new year." She smiled and everyone agreed.

Later that night when the others had either gone home or to bed Hermione and I sat together on the couch.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before." I said
"Oh don't be stupid. It was only a question of time before you were going to open the shop again." She waved it off. I waited a moment before taking a deep breath and continued.
"So George and I am probably going to move back to our old apartment above the shop..."
"Yeah." She nodded
"And I was thinking, what if you did too?" I held my breath nervously waiting.
"Move in with you and George?" She asked and I nodded. Then she started to laugh.
"I'd be very happy to." I kissed her, I couldn't help it.

We had almost fallen asleep when Harry came down the stairs.
"Oh good, you're awake." He said when he saw us.
"Sorry, it took some time to put Teddy to sleep." He excused.
"No problem, Harry, we get it." Hermione smiled.
"What was it you wanted to tell us?" I asked
"Eh yeah. I know this isn't easy but I have some news."
"Yeah?" Hermione said.
"It's about your parents, Hermione." Hermione didn't even have the time to gasp before he continued.
"I asked the ministry for some help and they sent an owl yesterday. They've found them."
"They found my parents?" Hermione asked shakily. Harry nodded. Tears were in her eyes as she hugged Harry tight.
"Thank you." She whispered repeatedly.
When she sat down again I gave her a big hug.
"Now we just have to travel to Australia." I laughed.
"That's our smallest problem." She said.
"Merry christmas." I smiled
"Merry christmas." She smiled back and kissed me.