Chapter Twelve

"Luna, this isn't funny!" Asher shouts as he looks under Luna's bed.

Asher was really hoping that his best friend was just hiding somewhere and was going to pop out of nowhere, yelling surprise.

Melody had gone back upstairs after getting ready to help Luna put her large dress on but when she didn't answer the door Melody decided that she didn't need to knock, so she just walked in, thinking that she had fallen asleep.

When Melody couldn't find Luna she got Asher and Gheorgie and told them that Luna had disappeared.

Melody walks out of the bathing room, sparkly tears falling down her face.

"She's really gone." Melody places her hands on her cheeks, wiping at the large droplets of water that were freely falling down her face.

Asher glances over at the doorway where a silent Gheorgie stood with closed eyes.

Before Asher was able to say anything Gheorgie opens his eyes and shoots towards the balcony, ignoring Asher, who was now opening and closing his mouth.

"I was trying to say something." Asher says, arms raised, as Gheorgie opens the balcony door and sniffs the air, searching for Luna's or the intruders scent.

Ignoring Asher, Gheorgie takes one last deep breath and then growls when he locates Luna's scent.

"Asher, get a few men together and wait for me at the side of the forest. Melody, I need you to keep the guests entertained." Gheorgie demands as he walks out of Luna's room, leaving them behind.

Without a word, the both of them rush to begin the jobs that they were given.

Melody goes straight to the throne room and explains to everyone that there had been a change of plans and everyone was to follow her into the ballroom.

As Melody and a few guards usher the large group into the ballroom, Asher sends their fastest runner to the portal to inform the guards there that no one is allowed to leave or to come through, hopefully blocking Luna and her capturer from leaving.

After sending the other man to the portal, Asher grabs some of the best fighters, which were both Lycans, and the best tracker that they had, which was a werewolf, before making his way to the side of the forest that Luna's scent was at.

Before Gheorgie meets with the group outside, he informs his Beta and Gamma of the recent changes to the night.

"I need you to stay here." Gheorgie tells his Gamma, who in turns bows his head and makes his way to the ballroom.

"I need you to come with me, you might end up being the more sensible one." Gheorgie tells Gabriel, his Beta.

When the two of them finally make it outside and to the small group of already shifted men Gheorgie nods his head in approval at Asher, letting him know that he approves of the group.

"Follow my lead. We will not risk the life of our goddess." Gheorgie states before shifting alongside his Beta.

When the tracker yips and bolts into the forest the other men follow, Gheorgie in the lead, his Beta at his side.

Gheorgie made sure to look around the forest as they ran through it, keeping an eye out for anything that was out of place.

The tracker starts to slow down until he was able to stop without a problem and then shifted back into human form, waiting for everyone else to do the same.

As the group of men untie their pants from their ankles and slip them up their legs the tracker begins to explain what he had found.

"There's a cabin up ahead, her scent doesn't go any farther than that." The young wolf tells them as he points in the direction of the cabin.