Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Gabriel and the other nine men are waiting for you at the training grounds." Valda smiles as she opens Luna's wardrobe so that she could find her a dress.

"Unngh" Luna grumbles and turns onto her stomach, tightening the blankets around her.

"Your man is already dressed and making his way down there." Valda tells her in a sing song voice.

Luna's head pops up over the blankets, her hair is sticking in every direction.

"He's what?"

"I'm not saying that he can't hold his own, but you might want to get your butt up and get down there." Valda has a knee length, yellow gingham dress hanging from her forearm when she turns around to face Luna.

Luna literally rolls out of the bed and skips her morning stretch so that she could save time because that man had some long legs and is really fast.

"I will zap you down there once you get dressed." Valda gives Luna the dress and then turns around, heading for the door so that Luna had some privacy.

Luna groans and winces, regretting not doing her morning stretches as she sets the yellow dress on her bed and then grabs the hem of her blue dress, pulling it over her head and throwing on the floor before pulling on the clean yellow one.

"Valda?" She calls, grabbing a pair of flats before making her way to her bedroom door.

"You ready?" Valda asks, opening the door slowly.

"Yes ma'am." Luna's tired voice answered her.

When Valda sees Luna she rolls her eyes, contemplating whether or not to fix her hair before she left the room. Sighing, Valda grabs a brush and begins to fix Luna's hair so that she didn't look like she had been struck by lightning.

"Much better." Valda chuckles and grabs both of Luna's hands before whispering a sentence or two in Latin.

"There you are!" Gabriel shouts when he sees the two women appear a few feet away from him.

Luna's eyes widen when she sees Shadow straddling another man while continuously punching him.

"Tell him to stop!" Gabriel himself had a bloody nose from when he had tried to pull Shadow off of the other man.

"Oh my." Valda mumbles as she puts her hands on her hips.

"Shadow!" Luna shouts, wincing as she steps forwards to grab his right arm that was in the air, ready to hit the man under him again.

Shadow instantly freezes at the sound of Luna's voice, his beast and body calming the second that her scent filters through his nose. His face turns to look at her, taking her in.

The man's eyes were a deep black color, showing Luna that the beast was in control.

As the two of them kept eye contact, Shadow's eyes slowly went back to their original amber.

When the giant man had control over his own body again he looks around him and then at the man that was beneath him.

Getting off of the barley conscious man, Shadow hesitantly reaches for Luna's hands, pulling them back towards himself when he realizes that his own hands weren't very clean at the moment.

Taking a deep breath, Shadow grabs onto Luna's right hand with his left and turns around, pulling her into an empty, one on one training room.

"What's wrong?" Luna's voice was full of worry, and the worry only intensifies when she sees his busted lip.

"Eli said that the only position that we are fighting for is the one to-" Shadow hesitates, trying to find a nicer way to phrase what the other man had said. "Sleep in your bed at night."

The look on Luna's face morphs into one of surprise and then her mouth falls open and her cheeks heat up.

"He just took over and I couldn't stop him because I wanted to kill him to." Shadow admits, talking about the beast and himself as he takes a deep breath, using Luna's vanilla scent to calm him down.

Luna's eyebrows scrunch together as she throws her arms around Shadow's waist, hugging him as tight as she possibly could.

"Thank you." She mumbles, her voice coming out muffled because her face was pressed against his chest.

Shadow's arms wrap over her shoulders, his head resting on the top of hers.

"I will always defend you." Came his reply.

"Alright you two, we need to begin." Valda pokes her head into the training room and grins from ear to ear when she sees the position that the two of them were in.

"You should go take care of that situation because Gabriel isn't very happy." Valda nods her head to the left, pointing towards the group of angry Lycans while her hands were crossed over her chest.

"Right." Luna backs away from Shadow, her cheeks red as she turns and walks back outside.

"You know, don't you." Valda states, stepping in front of Shadow before he could follow Luna back outside.

"Know what?" Shadow asks, his eyes glued on Luna as she stands in front of Gabriel, her arms waving around in the air.

Valda gave the giant man a creepy smile as she claps her hands together.

Shadow meets her eyes, tilting his head to the side, a confused look on his face.

Valda sighs and stomps her right foot, her creepy smile gone and an exasperated look taking its place.

"That y'all are mates!" She whisper-shouts, using her pointer finger to poke Shadow's hard chest.

"Jaiyana was sneaky." Shadow grunts, a frown on his face as he rubs at the spot that Valda had poked him.

"She really was. Even I didn't know!" Valda scoffs, keeping her arms crossed over her chest as she turns around and heads towards the group.

Shadow rolls his eyes and smiles when he sees Luna smack Gabriel across his face.

With a small shake of his head he follows Valda out of the room and marches right up to the group, ready to defend his woman.