Chapter Twenty-Two

Asher had been pacing around the foyer ever since the group had left. He was nervous and wanted to go with them but Gheorgie had said no, saying that Asher would just get in the way.

The older man was mad at Asher for standing up to him, especially in front of some of the other pack members. A few of those pack members thought that he should be in more trouble than he was but Asher knew that once Gheorgie was back in his right mind he would get an ear full.

"Pacing isn't going to make them go any faster." Valda speaks up from her spot, not even making eye contact, more focused on her nails.

Asher just rolls his eyes and continues to pace, knowing that he was unable to just stand still.

Deciding that it wasn't too late to say something back, Asher turns around, facing Valda, and holds up his pointer finger, ready to tell the older woman off.

Before Asher was able to get any of his words out, the front doors to the castle burst open, slamming against the wall behind them and causing both Valda and Asher to jump.

"Asher, help me get Luna to her room and Valda go get a healer!" Gabriel demands as he walks in, holding Luna bridal style, covered in sweat and panting.

The men that followed Gabriel in were busy holding an unconscious Gheorgie and Shadow, ignoring them as they make their way to the back of the castle, heading for the cells.

Valda shoots up and snaps her finger, going straight to the healer, while Asher rushes up the stairs, Gabriel right behind him, hoping that the small girl in his arms was strong enough to make it.

"What happened?" A flustered Asher asks as they begin making their way down the hallway towards Luna's room.

"She demanded everyone to step down, and we did, but Gheorgie thought that he held more power than her and when she didn't listen to him he shot her."

Asher hisses, his mind jumping in every direction, every thought demanding him to think about them before the others.

Just as Asher opens Luna's bedroom door, Valda appears with the healer by her side, both looking worried but ready to jump in to help.

"She has been shot in the left shoulder with a silver tipped arrow." Gabriel explains, not wanting to waste any time as he lays Luna down on her bed, everyone filing into the room.

The healer nods, already going through the things that she needed to do in her mind as she looked through the bag that she brought with her.

"Valda, I need you to stay and help me but you two need to go." The tall woman looks at each of them, not caring about who was who, she needed to do her job and it didn't matter the rank of someone.

Asher hesitated, not wanting to leave his best friend, but when Gabriel turned and walked towards the door, he grabbed Asher's forearm on the way and pulled the lion with him, eager for the woman to start the healing process.

"Gheorgie and Shadow are in cells." Gabriel told Asher as soon as Luna's bedroom door was closed.

"What are you going to do?" Asher asks, trying to push the thought of his best friend to the side, allowing the feelings he was feeling about Gheorgie come forwards, taking center stage, as he walked down the stairs beside his Beta.

"I wanted to talk to you about it. Since you know Luna the best and she might not be awake to make those decisions, someone has to."

Asher instantly felt more weight come down on his shoulders, making him gulp.

"Okay." Was all he could manage to get out, trying to think about what his best friend would do in this situation, though it was really hard because he couldn't get his mind to focus.