Chapter Eighteen

Gulping, Barrett hoped that he wasn't making a big mistake.

He wanted to help, more than he thought was possible for him. For some reason he wanted to make Asher feel better, even if it caused his own demise.

"I know where your friend is, who has her and who wants her." He rushes, fully aware of the lions hand tightening around his throat.

"Tell me." Asher demands, hate shining from his eyes.

Barrett winces. The way the man looked now was nothing like the small little kitten that Barrett had taken him for when they first met.

"Here, Shadow and Mehdi." He wheezes, his air supply was slowly disappearing as Asher's eyes became more cold.

Asher eases his hand around the elf's neck, allowing him to take in a few deep breaths as he thought about what to say and do next.

"You're coming with me." Asher decides, standing up and pulling Barrett with him.

Barrett didn't fight, didn't argue, he was more than happy to stay here then to go back and explain to Mehdi how Shadow and Luna weren't with him.

"I will, willingly." Barrett says as Asher looks around, trying to find something he could use to tie the elf's hands together behind his back.

Without an answer, Asher glances at the elf, expressionless, trying to decide if he was going to believe him or not.

Out of nowhere, Asher pushes Barrett, causing him to slam into a tree, the rough bark digging into the skin on his back.

"Woah! I told you that I will come willingly!" Barrett shouts, hoping that this wasn't the last time he was going to see the lion.

Not saying anything, Asher uses his right hand to grab a hold of the other mans chin. After making sure that his hold was secure he pulled his head forwards and then slammed it against the tree, knocking him out instantly.

Without a second thought, Asher picks Barrett up and throws him over his shoulder, figuring that this was the best and fastest way to get him to the castle.

He begins to make his way home, trying to calm himself down.

It takes a lot to make Asher angry, he wasn't one to lash out without thinking of the consequences first, but this was different.

Asher's family meant everything to him, and if they were threatened he threw thinking and common sense out of the window.

When the lanterns that adorned the outside of the castle walls came into view, Asher speeds up, ready to inform Gheorgie about the new events, ready to get his best friend back.

"Asher! Are you alright?" Gabriel asks, contacting Asher through mind link.

The older man must have sensed Asher's feelings through the link. When you were close to your pack members and weren't careful they knew what you were feeling, no matter the feeling.

"Get Gheorgie. Meet me in the throne room." Asher demands, not caring about the way he was speaking to his beta.

Gabriel didn't get angry with the way the young man had commanded him to do this instead of asking, he could tell that Asher was in distress, meaning that something big must have happened, so he agrees.

By the time that Asher had made his way into the throne room Gabriel and Gheorgie were waiting for him.

"What's going on?" Gheorgie asks, worry evident in his voice and on his face.

"The elf admitted to knowing who kidnapped Luna and why." Asher states as he drops Barrett's body onto the ground, not caring about the painful sounding thud he made.

Anger took over the worried look that was on Gheorgie's face as he looks the elf's body over.

"Why would he do that?" Gabriel wonders, glancing at the body.

Asher's face heated up a bit when he remembered the elf's advances towards him, then it made him angry when he realized that the elf must have been toying with him.

All three of the men gander at one another, waiting for one of them to speak any ideas they had.

"Who has her?" Gheorgie snaps his eyes back to Asher, eager to know the answer.

"Shadow. He said that they are working for Mehdi." Asher tells him, using his foot to push Barrett's body, making the elf lay on his back instead of his side.

Gabriel and Asher stood there, waiting for Gheorgie to tell them what to do.

"Throw him into a cell, we can use him as leverage. Mehdi usually wants to deal with them himself. Gabriel, you and I need to get a small team together, they are still in this world and have no way out." Gheorgie commands, making sure that both men nod their heads before he walks out of the throne room, Gabriel right behind him.

Asher shakes his head, trying to clear his mind before he dips down and grabs the elf's body, throwing him over his shoulder again as he stands up.

"Gabriel asked us to escort you." Two lycan men stood at the throne room doors, patiently waiting for Asher to reach them.

They were both strong fighters and were always prepared for anything.

Asher nods, not bothering to argue with the two men, allowing them to follow him to the back of the castle, where the door to the cells was hidden by magic.

When the door shows itself, the three men descend down the spiral stairs into complete darkness.

In the back, the worst of the worst creatures were locked away, the most dangerous. Up in the front was a place that held common creatures that have wronged someone In some way and needed to have a visit with the goddess, or Gheorgie until Luna takes over, to get everything cleared up.

The pair of lycans led Asher to an empty cell and then stepped back, letting him do as he pleases.

Asher tosses a limp Barrett onto the cobbled ground and backs away, allowing one of the two men to lock the door before they all left, Asher in the lead.