Chapter Twenty-Nine

When Gabriel found out what Eli had said about Luna, he decided that what Shadow had done to the man wasn't enough and punched him a few more times.

"Shadow." Luna growls out, her hands on her hips as she was glaring up at him, not happy with the mans answer to her asking him to pull Gabriel away from Eli.

Sighing, Shadow takes his time pulling Gabriel away, wanting Eli to suffer a bit more.

Gabriel growls and jerks away from Shadow, letting his wolf clam down before he spoke to anyone.

"You two." Gabriel points to the other men that had been talking to Eli.

"Take him to the healers and don't come back." The tone in Gabriel's voice was final and made the other men hurry to pick an unconscious Eli up from the ground and get to the healers.

"Now, the rest of you line up and face forwards."

Gabriel stands beside Luna, facing the now shirtless men.

Luna begins to rock back and forth on her feet, feeling extremely awkward staring at the men, they were all at least a foot taller than her, their chests were basically eye level.

"First we will test speed. In human form, you will run to the farthest village and meet Asher, he will give you a box that you will bring back to me. Get in position."

"Wait, Gabriel, I don't think that Shadow knows where that is." Luna turns to him.

"He has been here before, he knows where everything is, there is no need to worry." Gabriel smiles down at her.

Luna just sighs and turns back around, surprised to see scars filling the entirety of Shadows back.

Her breath catches, not allowing her to say anything so she tries to take a step forwards, being stopped by Gabriel who grabs her forearm, bringing her attention to him.

Gabriel gives her a knowing look and then shakes his head no, much like he was telling a child to not speak up after seeing something they thought was wrong.

"Now!" Gabriel shouts, causing the seven men to burst forwards, becoming blurs to Luna.

"How far is that?" Valda wonders, turning away from the men that had now disappeared.

"Our fastest runner can get there and back in six hours while in human form." Gabriel sighs and lets go of Luna's arm.

"Lets have some breakfast!" Valda smiles, linking her left arm with Luna's right.

"I'm going to go deal with Eli and the other two." Gabriel grumbles as the trio begins to make their way towards the castle

"I think Eli has learned his lesson." Luna sighs, not hearing the scoff of disagreement coming from Gabriel as she shakes her head, trying to get rid of the mental pictures of Shadow's heavily scarred back.

"That boy will never grow up." Valda mumbles, a displeased look on her face as they walk into the foyer.

"Maybe so." Gabriel grunts, heading straight to the healers quarters as the girls keep heading straight, both hungrier than they had thought.

"What would you like to eat, my dear?" Valda asks as they finally make it into the kitchen.

"You better be eatin' the food that I made!" Camilla, a dwarf, who was also the head cook, says with a cheerful smile on her face when she sees the two girls walk into the kitchen.

"I wouldn't have it any other way!" Luna giggles when her stomach agrees with her.

"I shall make you girls some plates then!" Camilla hurries to do just that, stepping on the board that was connected to the bottom of all the cabinets in the kitchen, allowing her and all of the other dwarfs to reach where they needed to.