Chapter 10 - First Time

Robin

What the fuck am I doing? I paced the painted patio, loosening the tie that felt much too tight around my neck all of a sudden. I needed air. Why was I feeling so nervous? This wasn't my first rodeo. I had taken women out before—but then again, none of them were Ashley.

The door was pulled open, and there she stood in a yellow, spaghetti strap body glove dress. I could see the arch of every curve she had, and her perky breasts almost spilled over the top.

"You look beautiful." I sighed, handing her the single rose I stole from my neighbor's garden.

Ashley eyed me. I wore a slim-fit black suit, with shiny pointed-toed shoes.

"You don't look bad yourself." She placed the flower in a vase, then joined me outside.

Her blonde hair was dressed in curls that ended just above her shoulders, she looked amazing. I held her palm as we walked to my car and opened the passenger side door.

"What a gentlewoman," she blushed taking a seat.

I quickly skipped around and took my place behind the wheel. Tonight, we were having dinner with her friends. I've met them before, under different circumstances and I'm pretty sure I didn't leave that good of an impression. This is probably why I've been so nervous—I know how much Jessica's opinion mattered to Ashley, they're best friends of course. And so, want—no, needto make a good impression.

My palm molded itself onto Ashley's thigh for most of the fifteen-minute ride to the French restaurant we were invited to. After parking, I opened her door yet again and wrapped my arm around her waist as we entered the restaurant.

"Richardson, party of four." She told the receptionist. The young woman behind the counter scrambled to find the information before directing us to a table on the balcony where the other couple already sat.

"Ashley!" Jessica stood, wrapping her friend in a tight hug. Her dark hair was straightened and much longer than it was last time I'd seen her. She looked much more mature as well—that could just be because last time we met she was lounging at the picnic.

"Jesus, where have you been Ashley? I've been hoping you could take this one off my hands." Alex gave her a hug before reaching out to shake my hand. "Nice to see you again Robin." She gave me a knowing smile. Alex still sported her short haircut. She looked way more buff in her suit, and it took me a little off guard. It was actually intimidating because from what I knew, they all treated each other like family.

I reached over, giving Jessica a small hug before taking my seat.

Everyone did a lot of catching up. I spoke only when spoken to, and a majority of my time was spent staring at Ashley's plump lips. Every word she spoke, every sip she took seemed so erotic. I have never paid much attention to the simple things someone did, until now.

"So, what do you do for work?" Alex asked me, stabbing a piece of her steak with the fork.

I gulped, glancing over at Ashley who seemed to be caught up in her own conversation with Jessica at the time. "I-uh" what the hell was wrong with me? I didn't stutter, I neverstutter. "I work in a club, and also model for Ashley's boss' company."

"What about in the future?"

I felt like I was being interrogated. "I do enjoy modeling, if that's what you mean. It pays great but looks aren't forever as you know. I'd like to open my own practice as a counsellor—when I could afford it."

Alex smiled, a small dimple showing itself in her cheek. "That sounds good. Whenever you're ready to talk business, I wouldn't mind investing."

That sounded amazing, but I didn't want to seem like an eager bottom feeder, so I nodded. "Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it."