Always got my back-Barry Allen

Imagine you and Barry have been best friends since middle school, you were always there for each other and never let the other feel sad or sorry for themselves. Even into high school, you were each other's support, but as college rolled around, the two of you took two different paths and lost touch. Now you rarely see each other as Barry already has a full time job and you're on your last year of college. With the addition of Barry's sudden overpowering crush on Iris, you can never find the time to tell him how you really feel.

You untied your apron from your waist and hung it in the back room, your boss peeking his head into the room.

"Heading home for the day Y/N?" He asked. You nodded.

"I hope you don't mind." You said.

"Not at all, you've been here all week, take the rest of the day for yourself, just remember to clock out. Is the new trainee ready to work on his own yet?" He asked, saying a million things at once. You shook your head with wide eyes. 

"I think for now, he should be supervised." You said, not wanting to throw your coworker completely under the bus. Your manager nodded.

"Alright, well then have a nice weekend Y/N." He said before walking out.

----Time Skip----

You rushed through the cold air to Jitters, the early November days, beating down on your body. You stepped around the puddles of water that were from this mornings rain, to the door of Jitters, pulling it open. You accepted the coffee shop's warmth as soon as it hit you and made your way over to where Barry sat, talking to Iris.

"Hey Bear!" You said happy to see your best friend. Barry looked over at you and smiled. He stood up and walked over to you, pulling you into a hug.

"Hey Y/N! It's felt like forever since we've hung out." Barry said. 

"Tell me about it." You said, sitting down across from Barry and Iris.

"Hey Y/N..." Iris mumbled from across the table. 

"Hi." You said, acknowledging her. 

"So Y/N, what have you been up to?" Barry asked eagerly. You shrugged.

"Nothing really, just finishing up school and working over at the cafe across the street." You said. Barry nodded.

"Why don't you just work here?" Iris asked. "I mean they have a barista position open since I left." 

You smiled and shook your head. "I originally applied here but the one across the way got back to me sooner, plus the boss is really nice over there." You said.

"Okay, understandable." Iris said. "Hey, did you want any coffee?" Iris asked. You looked down at your empty hands and laughed.

"I honestly forgot about it, I thought I ordered already...But yeah, if you don't mind." You said. Iris shook her head and took the money from you to pay for your drink. When she left, Barry looked over at you. 

"So Y/N, what do you think about me and Iris?" He asked. You looked at him shocked and pointed between him and Iris. 

"Oh, are you two a thing?" You asked uneasily. Barry shook his head.

"No, but I'm working on it." He said smiling. You nodded and pursed your lips, but before Barry could ask what was wrong, Iris came back.

"Thanks Iris." You said, accepting your coffee. She smiled and handed you your change. 

"Alright well I have to get back to work, I'll see you later Y/N." She said. You nodded. Barry looked at you and then at Iris.

"Hey Iris wait-Is it okay if I walk with you there?" He asked. Iris turned towards him and nodded.