Ice cream date-Caitlin Snow

Imagine its been forever since you and your girlfriend Caitlin have gone out on a date without having to cancel early to help your friends at S.T.A.R. Labs. One day, you and Caitlin decide to take a break from your work and head out for some fresh air, leaving your friends to figure out solutions to the latest problem on their own.

You leaned over the chair that Caitlin sat in, draping your arms across her shoulders and resting your chin on her head.

"Hey Cate..." you mumbled.

"Hey Y/N, what are you doing?" she asked. You shrugged.

"Nothing, just taking a break, I'm bored," you added. Caitlin laughed.

"Me too," Caitlin said.

"Wanna go do something then? Like get ice cream?" you asked.

"Sure, but you have to get your chin off my head," she said teasingly. You sighed.

"But babe....." you whined before standing up. "I was comfy," You said. Caitlin stood up and spun around to face you.

"I thought you were bored?" she questioned, a smile plastered on her face. You playfully rolled your eyes and reached for her hand.

"Ready?" you asked. Caitlin nodded and began to follow you out of the lab. Cisco suddenly walked in front of you guys, blocking your path.

"Where are you guys going?" he questioned. You moved his arm out of the way and walked passed, Caitlin still following.

"To take a break, we're bored," you said.

"So am I, but we have to find a solution to this meta-human problem," Cisco remarked. You turned around towards where your other friends were working. You began counting the people you saw.

"What are you doing?" Cisco asked. You turned back towards him.

"Counting the amount of brains in the room that are capable of solving this solution...Looks like there's six, more than enough," you said, before walking out with your girlfriend. Cisco stood in shock before shaking his head and heading back to work.

----Time Skip----

You and Caitlin walked hand in hand towards the small ice cream shop that sat on the corner of the main street in central city.

"It's really pretty out here," Caitlin said.

"Yeah, it got even more pretty when you stepped outside," you said. Caitlin's cheeks took on a red tint as you smirked. You let go of her hand and held open the door for her to enter the ice cream shop. You followed in after her and were standing next to her at the counter in the next moment.

"Welcome in, what can I get for you today?" the worker asked.

You looked over at Caitlin. "Two cones?" you asked her. She nodded.

"Great, two cones. One chocolate and the other cookies and cream," you told the employee.

"Okay, that'll be $4.76," she said. You handed her the money.

"Alright, let me get those for you two." She said before grabbing the cones and scooping the ice cream into them.

"I'm impressed Y/N," Caitlin said.

"About what?" you asked.

"About the fact that you remembered my go to ice cream flavor," she said smiling. You smiled back at her.

"Aww Cate, Of course I remembered it. It's noticing the little things that are the best part of a relationship," you said.

"Yeah?" Caitlin asked. You nodded. The employee handed you your ice creams and you and Caitlin took them.

"Shall we go sit outside?" you asked Caitlin, who nodded.

You and Caitlin now stood outside, looking around for a seat, finally finding one at a table in the shade. The two of you took a seat and began eating your dripping ice cream.

"So when you said that noticing the little things were the best part, what did you mean?" Caitlin asked. You smiled.

"You know, stuff that you'd never think the other person would notice. Like how when you are talking science and explaining something, you always hook your hands together and raise your eyebrows," you said.

"Do I really?" she asked. You nodded.

"Yeah, but it's cute," you said smiling. Caitlin chuckled.

"Alright I've got one for you. When you're intentionally listening to someone else's conversations you make facial expressions," Caitlin said. You looked at her wide eyed.

"All this time I thought I did it in my head," you said. Caitlin shook her head and laughed. You finished your ice cream cone and looked down to see Caitlin still had a lot left.

"Nope, but don't worry, it's cute," she said.  You smiled and reached over the table to grab her hand.

"This has been fun, I'm glad we took a mental break," you said. Caitlin nodded.

"Yeah, after trying to figure out something for more than an hour, my brain is fried," she said. You nodded and looked up into her brown eyes which glistened in the sunlight. You smiled.

"Hey Y/N, you got something on your face," Caitlin said smiling  as she began leaning forward. You furrowed your eyebrows and leaned across the table unaware of Caitlin's intentions. Suddenly Caitlin brought the ice cream to your face, smearing the ice cream on your nose.

"Ugh! Caitlin!" you yelled laughing as you sat back in your chair. You brought your tongue to your nose and tried to lick the ice cream but failed so you used a napkin instead. All the while Caitlin sat across the table smirking.

"Bad decision Cate." You said before getting out of your chair and moving towards her. She laughed and leaped up, tossing the melted ice cream into the trash before bolting across the sidewalk, dodging the passersby. You laughed and ran after her. The people around you staring at the odd adults chasing after each other as if they're little kids on the playground again.