Proposal-Joe West

Imagine you and Joe have been dating for a little less than a year at this point and you've really grown close to each other. You cherish every moment you're around him and enjoy his family's presence just as much. One day, while you're at home cleaning, you get a call from the hospital--Joe's been hurt on the job.

You raced into the small hospital room, your heart pumping about a million mph. You desperately hoped Joe was okay, you couldn't bear the thought of losing him.

"Joe..." You breathed, upon seeing your boyfriend lying in the hospital bed, plugged up to an IV.

"Y/N?" He said, looking up at you. He broke out in a smile beckoning you to move closer to him. You obliged and moved to the side of his bed, taking his hand in yours. You gave a sigh of relief knowing he was going to be alright.

"I was so worried-" You began before Joe cut you off. He rested his other hand on top of yours.

"It's alright hun, I'm fine..." He said, trying to reassure you. You pursed your lips.

"You're not alright Joe, you're in the hospital." You closed your eyes before reopening them and meeting Joe's gaze. "You're line of work scares me...I never know if I'm going to get a call," you said, your voice becoming shakier with each coming word.

"I know Y/N, but I love what I do. I love protecting people," he said. You plastered on a half smile.

"I know and I get that...I just get worried," you said. Joe nodded before throwing his blanket off of his feet. He kicked his legs over the side of the bed.

"Joe...What are you doing?" You asked, a worried expression painted on your face. Joe ignored you and stood up. He didn't realize how unstable he was though because he began diving towards the floor. You gasped before using all of your strength to catch him and hold onto him. He looked at you and smiled.

"Y/N dear, would you help me over to my jacket? It's just over on the couch," he said. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"No Joe, get back in bed," you ordered. Joe sighed and flashed you a puppy dog look. You rolled your eyes before finally giving in. You wondered why he needed his jacket so bad, but realized he was a persistent man. Either you helped him to the couch or he crawled on the floor, there was no changing his mind.

He began rummaging through his coat pockets before pulling out a shiny, silver ring. Your mouth fell open.

"Joe...?" You said. He met your gaze and smiled widely.

"I've been holding onto this for quite a few weeks...I just didn't know when to give it to you." He looked away before meeting your gaze again. "I guess having a near death experience today pushed me to quit being so scared," he joked. You didn't laugh, but I mean how could you? Your loved one was in the hospital.

"I'd get down on one knee, but I don't think I'll get back up," he said, trying to get you to smile. You tried to suppress your smile but eventually failed.

The two of you stood there, looking into each other's eyes. You held Joe up as he held the ring towards you, a wide grin plastered on his face. You couldn't help but mimic the expression.

"Y/N L/N, call me old fashioned, but you've made me the happiest man on Earth...Will you marry me?" He asked. You bit your lip, trying not to giggle like a schoolgirl.

"I was wondering when you'd ask me," you joked, before leaning over and planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you Joe."

"I love you too."