Proposal-Iris West

Imagine you and Iris have been dating for a couple of years now and out of the blue one day, she wants to go to Jitters. 

You were sitting on the couch watching the season finale of your favorite show when Iris walked in and stood in front of you expectantly. You paused the show and looked up.

"Yes babe?" You asked with raised eyebrows. Iris smiled and stepped closer. 

"So, do you think it's possible to go out and get coffee?" She asked shrugging.

"Coffee?" 

"Yeah, I want to go get coffee together." She said. 

"Iris, it's like 10 o'clock at night...Do you really need coffee right now?" You asked. She pursed her lips and shook her head.

"No it's fine, I'll just go sit back in the room...By myself, with no one to talk to." She said turning around and beginning to walk away. You sighed and hit 'record' on your show before shutting the TV off. You stood up and walked over to her.

"Alright babe, let's go get coffee." You said smiling reassuringly. Iris smiled widely and raced to get her stuff. You chuckled and slipped on your coat before grabbing the car keys.

----Time Skip----

You walked into Jitters with Iris, embracing the warmth and smell of the coffee shop.

"Alright Y/N, how about you go find a table and I'll go get coffee." Iris said. You nodded.

"I'll just have the usual then." You said as Iris walked towards the counter. She turned around and gave you a thumbs up, making you smile. You walked over to a table at the back of the shop and took a seat, waiting for Iris. As you waited you opened up Safari and looked through the website you saved for later. You scrolled down and read the article, trying to make yourself suddenly have the courage to propose to Iris. It wasn't like you didn't want to, you really did, but well you get super nervous when it comes to these things. 

Suddenly Iris came back, startling you and causing you to slam your phone down on the table. Iris looked at you oddly and then sat down.

"Are you looking at something that I shouldn't know about Y/N?" She asked taking a drink of her coffee. You felt your cheeks redden even though you weren't looking at anything bad and looked away from Iris who chuckled. 

"You know Iris, this was actually a good idea, with the cold temperatures right now, this coffee is warming me up." You said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, it's really toasty." She said smiling at you.

Iris's POV ----Before sitting down with Y/N to drink coffee----

You walked up to the counter and ordered your coffee.

"Hey um, if it isn't too much of a hassle can you slip this ring into the whip cream?" You asked the barista. He looked up at you oddly.

"Into the cream?" You nodded. The barista nodded uneasily and began making the coffee. He then came back and grabbed the ring, setting it nicely in the center of the whipped cream so that it was still visible. You smiled at him and grabbed the drinks, walking back to the table where Y/N sat on the phone. You sat the drinks on the table making Y/N jump and drop the phone onto the table with a loud bang. You looked at her oddly and then sat down, starting up conversation. 

You were soon staring down at the coffee that Y/N had yet to look down at, she drank it but that's it. You watched uneasily as the ring slipped further and further into the whipped cream until you couldn't see it anymore. You were suddenly snapped out of your thoughts by Y/N talking to you.

"Are you okay babe?" Y/N asked reaching out for your hand. You looked up at Y/N and suddenly spoke. 

"I-I...Screw it!" You shouted leaning over the table and reaching into Y/N's drink.

"Iris. Woah Iris. Why are your fingers in my coffee?" Y/N asked shocked. You pushed the protests aside and dug around in the whipped cream, causing it to mix around with the coffee. You sighed a sigh of relief when you found the ring and pulled it out, your fingers dripping in coffee and whipped cream. You sat back down and looked at the ring you held in your hand. 

You suddenly realized Y/N was staring at you awkwardly. You looked up at Y/N and smiled.

"Is that yours Iris?" Y/N asked confused. You shook your head.

"It's yours...Well if you want it." You said. 

Y/N's POV

You looked at Iris and then down at the ring, a brick dropping in your stomach. Damn, she got to the proposal before you...

She continued to look at you uneasily. "So is that a no?" She asked. You blinked a few times and then smiled.

"No, it's a yes." You said. Iris let out a sigh of relief.

"So can I slip it on your finger?" She asked. You chuckled.

"It's covered in coffee and whipped cream, we should probably clean it first." You suggested. Iris nodded in agreement and the two of you stood up, walking towards the bathrooms. 

The two of you walked into the bathroom and Iris began running the ring underwater as you stood near her. 

"So Iris, you know you forgot to say the 'will you marry me?' part right?" You asked her. She looked over at you with wide eyes.

"I knew I forgot something." She said. You laughed and walked over to her, grabbing the ring to dry it off. 

"I actually liked the non traditional proposal you did, it was very cheesy yet romantic." You said. Iris smiled. 

"It was purely an accident that had happened. I had a speech planned out but then that was ruined by the ring that sunk further and further into the cup so I ditched it. I guess I was caught up in the moment, I didn't think to say the official phrase of a proposal." She said shrugging. You smiled and slipped the ring on your finger and held it up.

"It's beautiful..." You mumbled.

"No you're beautiful fiancee." Iris said stepping towards you.

"You just keep getting cheesier and cheesier Iris." You chuckled out before giving her a peck on the lips.

"Yeah but you love it."

"Yep and I love you." You said. 

"Now who's the cheesy one Y/N?" She asked leading you out of the bathroom. The two of you sat back down at your table.

"So why'd you slam your phone on the table?" Iris asked turning towards you. You smiled as your cheeks reddened and lifted your phone to show her. Iris took the phone in her hands and scrolled through the article.

"You were planning on proposing too?" Iris asked amazed. You nodded.

"Yeah, but you beat me to it...Plus I think you did an amazing job babe." You said. Iris smiled and pulled you in for a kiss.

"Well if you want, you can ask the question I forgot to..." Iris suggested. You smiled.

"Iris West, will you marry me?" You asked confidently. 

"Of course I will, it would be my honor." Iris replied.

"Unfortunately I don't have a ring, but I don have this napkin which I can make into one." You said chuckling. Iris laughed and nodded. You began wrapping a small piece of the napkin around Iris's finger. 

"There you go, looks just as snazzy as mine." You said. Iris smiled and bumped her 'ring' into yours.

"Iris West and Y/N Y/LN unite!" She shouted. You laughed.

"Is that a sponge bob reference?" You asked.

"Of course, I have a cheesy personality to uphold and what better way than with references?" Iris asked making you giggle.