(2) Bambam; Pursue

Continuation of the First Bambam one-shot Use.

🏷Name of the character is Jihee
▪️Angst

Description
As the night progresses, you begin to have thoughts about pursuing your life long dream of becoming an idol, like your best friend. Except that would require a lot of your time. Time you've normally spent taking care of an overgrown baby or as people like to call him 'Bambam'. What happens if something or someone comes in the way of your friendship? Would you pursue your life long dream or decide to hold onto something that was never truly there?

-🍂-

It hurts to know that, you will never look at me the way I look at you.

-N.V

• • •

You could hear light snores vibrating across the dark room. You stare at the sleeping form of the man creating the said noise.

You couldn't even think of leaving him at his drunken state, knowing he was bound to do something stupid without your supervision. You decided to stay over, to look after him. It's what you've been doing since you were children and up until now. You always looked after him, made sure he was eating, made sure his house was kept clean, and most importantly he was happy.

You were like a wife, except you saw yourself as more of a guardian or a baby-sitter, Making sure he was doing fine. Your whole life you weren't able to focus on your dream of becoming an idol, instead you spent it taking care of someone who would never see you as anything more than a sister.

Bambam's sudden movement disturbed your bitter thoughts.

The peaceful look on his face could have beat one of an angel's with this in my mind you drifted into sleep.

• • •

You woke up early and decided to cook breakfast since your companion didn't seem like he was gonna wake up any time soon.

After a while, you finally finished cooking hangover soup for Bambam and some eggs and bacon. As you were setting the table. You heard a screeching sound of a chair being dragged, signalling Bambam is now awake. You looked up and gave the man a small smile and he gave you a grin in return.

"You took care of me and now you cooked breakfast. I don't even know how to thank you." He said with a smile and droopy eyes, clearly he wasn't fully awake yet.

"What else are friends for..." You trailed off with slight bitterness laced in your tone. Bambam was perplexed and simply raised a brow. He didn't know if he heard correctly or if fatigue is taking over him --but he heard the slight bitterness.

"I'm sure you would have done the same for me." You said and he nodded. "Anyways, here take this. It lessens the headaches." you said handing him a small pill and a glass of water.

As he gulped down the water you began to nag him, something he has grown accustomed to. "You are such an idiot! Why did you even decide to go to a club? You could have just drank at home." It's like everything you said fell on deaf's ears because your best friend just simply ignored everything.

"Would you please stop nagging? My head is starting to hurt more..." He said dramatically holding onto his head and massaging it.

"That's not what you say to someone who has spent 15 years of their life taking care of you. You ungrateful brat!" You said, playfully hitting his head.