eight | don't wanna cry

The members of Aoba Johsai's volleyball club literally flung themselves onto Shiori.

Iwaizumi and Tooru were doing their best to protect her from their fellow team members, but their curiosity was hard to contain.

Question after question, they never seemed to stop.

Their words were becoming muddled together, and soon, she couldn't discern between the different questions of each member. Still, one simple question caused everyone to grow silent.

"How come you don't go to Seijou?"

It was simple, yes, but it was overlooked. The other team members had focused on getting her to spill Shiratorizawa's strategy secrets or weaknesses, but they had forgotten the most mysterious question.

Iwaizumi and Tooru looked at her for her answer as well. Even though one was her brother, neither of them knew the actual reason for her transfer to Shiratorizawa. She was just so broken when she requested a transfer that their parents couldn't say no.

But before she could answer, the door was flung open, effectively catching the eyes of everyone throughout the gym.

"How the hell do you forget to bring your school bag home?"

That voice.

No, it couldn't be.

She looked up, and as soon as her eyes met his, your blood ran cold. He on the other hand smirked.

Shiori started trembling, only slightly at first, but it soon escalated into a full-on panic attack.

Iwaizumi was the first to notice, and then her brother.

"Shiori? Shiori! What happened? Are you okay?"

Shouts of concern and worry arose from every crevice of the gym, and soon, he started playing in as well.

"Shiori? Is that really you?"

Lies.

She knew that he recognized her as soon as the both of them made eye contact.

He was acting again.

As he rushed forward in a fake attempt to help Shiori, her body started to tense up. While this seemed to go unnoticed by you, Iwaizumi took note of it.

Just as he was about to put a hand on her shoulder, Iwaizumi and Tooru stuck their arms out and into his way, effectively blocking him from reaching her.

It seems like Iwaizumi is not the only person who noticed her obvious discomfort with him.

"I don't want you to take this personally, but my sister and I are rather pressed for time, and we need to go." He opened his mouth to try and cut in, but Tōru would not let him.

"See you later."

And with that, he proceeded to drag her out of the gym, Iwaizumi following closely behind the siblings.

Their mother was waiting outside, and looked to be preparing one of her notorious, and rather lengthy lectures, but gave up as soon as she glanced at her daughter's face.

Tōru gently led his sister into the car and sat her down, making sure she was comfortable before going to talk with Iwaizumi. The two exchanged a few words, then split apart with a quick kiss. As Toōru got into the car, the air inside became unbearably thick. The tension was nearly palpable as their mom started the car.

Shiori knew what both her brother and mother wanted.

An explanation, perhaps.

Or maybe even a hint.