twenty seven | i like my pasta just like my love life: cheesy

i think it's stupidly funny how long this has been on hold. at this point i've begun to question how people still read this but to those that have stuck around- I love you so much and can not begin to thank you for the attention and time that you have given me! <3

***

"Why are you saying that as if you actually think there's a possibility that'll happen?" Shiori asks exasperated. "You definitely already know that we both don't have the balls to do that."

"Oh I know," Tendō responds. "It's just so funny to see Wakatoshi-kun have emotions for once. Let a man exploit rare opportunities when they present themselves."

Shiori lets out long sigh; there really was no way of denying that.

Ushijima on the other hand looks positively embarrassed.

"W-What?" He blurts out.

Both pairs of eyes turn to him.

"Is something wrong Wakatoshi-san?"

"Nothing," Ushijima quickly coughs out. He tugs on his collar, and tries to play things cool. 'Was I the only one that actually wanted to go for it?' He thinks, growing frustrated. 

"You guys go ahead," Ushijima says. "I'm going to get my stuff first."

As the others walk away, Ushijima shakes his head, attempting to clear his thoughts. Now's not the time for this. If he thinks about it anymore, he'd need to make a trip to the washroom, and what could be worse than that?

*

Evidently, many things. Or more accurately, someone starting with the letter 'T'. 

To be completely honest, if Ushijima had thought through it a bit, he probably would've realized that shouting his confession during a volleyball tournament that his crush's brother (who lovingly hated his guts) was participating in, was probably not a good idea. 

Maybe if Ushijima had thought a bit more, Oikawa Tōru would not be charging at him right now, screaming bloody murder while being barely held back by a struggling Iwaizumi Hajime.  

Unfortunately, he didn't. Oh well.

Tōru is a force to be reckoned with- especially when it comes to his baby sister. So when not one, but two entire threats appeared in one day, his brother senses were kicking into overdrive. 

"USHIJIMA WAKATOSHI! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" He yelled, kicking his legs up and thrashing against Iwaizumi. "IWA-CHAN LET GO! I JUST WANT TO TALK TO HIM!"

Even a stranger could tell that was a lie.

Now, Iwaizumi is a rather strong person. Not only is he the ace of the powerhouse Seijou, but he's also had many years of experience dealing with a struggling Tōru. But he also happens to be known as a big softie for Shiori.

So, if Tōru somehow slipped out of Iwaizumi's grasp, it would be wise not to question it. 

And that's how we get to this scene. Ushijima backing away from a very angry looking Tōru. 

"Wait! Oikawa, hear me out!" He shouts out, desperately making an attempt to save his life. 

Oikawa doesn't even flinch as he mercilessly chases after him. "Do you really think that I'm just going to let you go with her?" 

Realistically, Ushijima knows the answer is no. But that doesn't stop him. 

"Yes! Oikawa look, I know we've had our differences in the past, but can't you let this one instance go? I swear I really like your sister!"

Oikawa just stares at him, eyes full of doubt. "Look. It's not that I can't believe you'd like Shiori. She's just perfect, a gift from the heavens, sent by the angels and crafted by-"

"Crappykawa shut up, we get it." Iwaizumi cuts in. 

Maybe he's starting to feel a little bad for Ushijima, after all the poor man looks so lovestruck it's disgusting. It reminds Iwaizumi too much of what he looked like when he confessed to Oikawa, and that hit harder than expected.

Oikawa lets out a sigh of frustration, blowing a strand of hair out of his face. 

After what seems like an eon of silence (but was probably only a few seconds), he opens his mouth to speak again. 

"Ushijima, I just don't want Shiori to get hurt," Oikawa starts. "How am I supposed to know how sincere you are? What if something goes wrong? Can you prove to me that I should trust you with her?"

And Ushijima is silent, because Tōru is right. Hell, he's the captain and ace of Shiratorizawa, but doesn't know how to take a shot right now. But for Shiori, he's going to do it. 

"I'll do that right now." Ushijima says firmly. 

And with that, he runs out of the gym in a desperate pursuit for Shiori. 

*

"Shiori!" He calls.

She turns around, and jogs towards him. 

"Yeah, what's up?" She responds expectantly.

"God, I-" he lets out exasperatedly.

'It's now or never', he thinks. 'Do it.'

He takes a deep breath. 

With newfound confidence and a rush of adrenaline, Ushijima abruptly lifts his head until his face is right next to Shiori's and his eyes are staring straight into hers. Shiori startles, taking a step back and giving Ushijima the chance to surround her on a wall. If anyone were to walk in at this moment, rumors would be started instantly.

"I-I can't even begin to describe to you how I feel. It's like you've gone into my body and turned it into your own personal amusement park. My thoughts have twisted into loops, and you're riding all over my heart, but all I'm craving for is the euphoria that causes my heart to flutter whenever I'm with you.

I want to hold your hand when you're standing next to me, and kiss your face when we're alone. I want to tell other people that you're mine, and show you off to anyone that walks by us. I want to be there during your highs and lows, and be the one you lean against. (I'll even be your knee brace.) I want to fix your hair, and watch you smile and laugh.

I want to be yours so so badly.

I realize it's a lot to ask this but, Shiori, will you be my girlfriend?"

Shiori didn't even need to think. She let her body take over, falling into his arms as she jumped forward. Lips met lips. When they finally came up for air, Shiori pulled back and grinned at him. "Was that enough of a 'yes' for you or do I need to do it again?

Ushijima stared, shocked and then soon let out a chuckle. "Do it again, I don't quite think I caught that."

And without any hesitancy, Shiori did it again.

And again.

He was hers now. She could do it again whenever she wanted.

***

vote ◦  comment ◦  follow

-zhxngyv