twenty | shades of red

Shiori stopped.

Her blood froze.

Everything around her skittered to a screeching halt.

Petrified, Shiori turned around. 

Her warm brown eyes met stone cold gray ones.

She didn't even realize that she was trembling until she felt the heavy stare of the man resting on her twitching finger.

Shiori looked down to her hand, then back up, only to make contact with the stranger's gaze once again.

Upon locking eyes, the corner of the man's mouth lifted up into a wide smirk. 

Fear overtook her system as she tried desperately to back away from him, but her futile actions were a waste of effort. Within a blink, the man who had been so kind and quick to lend her some spare change, was now on top of her, pinning her arms down with a single, iron hand. 

As she struggled to break free, the bony fingers of her assaulter's free hand flew into her shirt and started working on the buttons. 

Pop.

Pop.

Pop.

The poor buttons didn't stand a chance. One by one they started coming off, the little red pieces fluttering to the floor with a soft clack.

Memories of the last time this kind of event happened flew into her brain, and Shiori exhaled with a mixture of rage and fear.

'No,' she thought, bitterly. 'This is not going to happen again. I refuse to be the victim again.' 

With a sudden flush of adrenaline, Shiori reared her knee back and summoned as much strength as she could to jam it where the sun doesn't shine. 

But she wasn't fast enough. 

The man easily caught her leg in his free hand, and soon enough, another look crossed his face. Cruelty started to bleed into his features, causing a dark shadow to fall upon his face. Mercy was nowhere to be seen when he started to squeeze her injured knee.

The pain flashed through Shiori's body, leaving her mouth in the form of a blood curling scream. Her already damaged knee was gradually turning a shade of bright cherry red and started throbbing harshly. Each pulse brought another wave of torture with it. 

A familiar wetness came down upon her cheeks, and soon her eyes were rimming with salty, fat tears. She cried out to stop, to let her go, but her plies fell upon deaf ears.

Her abuser was not swayed, and continued to squeeze her knee with what seemed like even more pressure than before.

Shiori's mind and leg screamed at her, shrieking and begging for freedom.

Tears kept flowing out of her eyes, and whimpers escaped her mouth, yet the man continued to torment her even farther.

It was almost as if he enjoyed the pain take the form of a red flush on her face.

The look of lust was starting to appear in his eyes again, and Shiori was close to losing her consciousness. 

However, before she could fully slip away, she spotted a small irregular shaped object flying towards them in the corner of her eye.