seven: "evil lair"

Davina plays games on her phone until she heard beeping. Ned sat up on Peter's bed, Spiderman mask on. "They stopped." Peter, who was on the ceiling, turned to his best friend as Davina sat down next to ned.

"Maryland?" Peter looked at the holographic map.

"What's there?" Ned asked.

"Maybe they're tired? Hotel?" Davina guessed.

"I don't know. Evil lair?" Peter said.

Davina nodded. Maybe they did have an evil lair. "Good point." She pointed out.

"They have a lair?" Ned asked.

"Dude, a gang with alien guns run by a guy with wings, yeah they have a lair." Peter explained.

"Awesome," Davina whispered at the same time that Ned said "Badass." Both Davina and Ned turned to look at each other with a smile. "But how are you gonna get there if it's like three hundred miles away?"

"I'm guessing you didn't think of that part?" Davina asked Peter.

Peter frowned but an idea popped into his head. "Actually..." Ned got the same idea as both him and peter turned their attention to the academic decathilon poster that hung on Peter's wall. "It's not to far from D.C."

Davina lightly scoffed and shook her head. "Well then, you guys are on your own."

"What? Why?" Ned asked her.

"First of all, I'm not on the team and second of all, Qdam would totally kill me if i went to D.C., even if it's for a school trip for a team I'm not even apart of!" Davina frowned at her friends.

"Wait! Aren't you in art club?" Peter asked.

Davina nodded. "Yeah, but what does art club have to do with D.C.?"

Ned and peter turned to look at each other and smiled. "Isn't Juniper's mom the teacher who runs art club?" Ned said trying to get Davina to get the same idea as him.

"Just so we're clear, you want me to ask Juniper to ask her mom to take the art club to D.C. so I can help you guys with the guy with the wings?" Davina tried to process everything she just said.

Peter nodded eagerly. "See? You got it! So you in?"

"Am I in?" Davina whispered.

"That was a rhetorical question. Of course you're in." Ned high fived her and stood up to collect his stuff, leaving Davina speechless.

"I am so dead. And I'm not joking. Like I'm so going to die if my brother finds out." Davina sighed and turned to Peter, who was still on the ceiling. "If I die play Heath Ledger's version of can't take my eyes off of you at my funeral."