fifteen: "ned and juniper"

Davina felt normal for once. Throughout the week, she helped Juniper pick out her homecoming dance, although Juniper was devasted when she learned that Davina was not going to attend. Davina sat on a sofa near the dressing rooms waiting for Juniper to come out and show her some dresses she had picked out.

"I'm sure someone could ask you," Juniper said as she put on the dress. She popped her head through the curtain and glared at Davina. "You not going to homecoming is a big deal for me. We do everything together."

Davina shrugged. "Well this could be the first thing we don't do together. There's always a first time for everything. I'm sorry, June."

Juniper pouted and went back to finish putting on the dress. "I'll be mad. Not furiously mad, but only a little." Juniper finished putting on the dress and asked Davina to zip it up.

"June, you look beautiful. Ned is going to flip his shit when he sees you!" Davina said as soon as she saw the dress on Juniper. Just as Juniper did twirls in the dress, the voice of Betty Brant and Liz Alan were heard.

"Wow, Juniper, you look amazing!" Liz said. Betty nodding.

"Thank you! You doing some homecoming shopping too?" Juniper asked.

"Yeah, who are you guys going with?" Liz asked.

"Ned, but Davina, isn't going." Juniper said with a sad smile.

Liz frowned. "What? Why? You should definitely go! It's not going to be the same without you."

"Please tell me you're going to prom?!" Betty gasped.

"Uh, I'm not going to make it. Adam has a meeting and i have to stay home. As for prom, I don't know?" It came out more like a question.

Liz nodded, understanding. "We'll have fun for you,"

"Who are you going with anyways?"

"Peter. He asked in the hall today." Liz smiled.

Davina nodded. She didn't know what to say, but Peter deserved a night off from his spiderman duties.

Juniper turned to Davina, knowing that she was going with Peter, but she called it off. "That's nice, right?" Juniper nudged Davina, who was in her own little world.

"Yeah, he..." davina couldn't find any words to describe Peter. "He's a good person. Have fun at your homecoming."

\\//
//\\

Homecoming was finally here. Davina made Adam drive her to Juniper's house to get Juniper ready. It was five when she made it to her best friends house.

"Thanks Adam. I'll call you later." Davina said, closing the door to Adam's car.

"I think you should have gone, go have fun. Stupid teenager fun." Adam smiled at his little sister.

"Call me a party wreck. I'm not going and that's final." Davina waved at him and walked to Juniper's place.

Emily opened the door and hugged Davina. "Lovely! How are you? Juniper is upstairs, I'm making cookies and popcorn. We are watching all of Keanu Reeves' movies!" Emily squealed. Not only were Emily and Davina going to spend the night watching movies, but she had also invited her two childhood best friends.

Davina made her way upstairs to junipers room and saw Juniper trying to put on lipstick. "I don't get it how girls do this. First of all, they should have different names for makeup. A girl asked me for highlighter and i gave her one. Then she tells me that highlighter is makeup! This is stupid!"

Davina shook her head and chuckled. She took the tube of lipstick from Juniper and took out makeup wipes and rubbed off the lipstick. "Be prepared because I'm about to give the 'you don't need makeup, you're already beautiful' speech. Cliche? Yes. But it's true. Pretty woman, pretty face. J, just go have fun and be that high school girl you always see in movies."

Juniper nodded eagerly. "But I wish you'd come with me."

"Prom?" Davina held out her pinky.

"Prom." Juniper smiled.

After successfully teaching Juniper about makeup and putting on her dress, juniper was already set to go. All she was waiting for was for ned to arrive. And when he did, Juniper started to get nervous.

"Calm down, he's going to love your dress." Emily assured her daughter. "He better, I paid five hundred for that."

The doorbell rang, Davina opened the door revealing ned in a suit with a corsage in his hand. "Holy mother of Skywalker." He said when he saw juniper.

"Alright kids, picture time!"

"Mom no!"

an:

I guess which ever of these would be juniper's dress? Or whatever you like, run wild with your imagination!