thirteen: "high school dropout"

Davina didn't like what Adam said. Not one bit. She was still planning on being friends with Peter, but he had other plans. She met up with Ned and Juniper in the hallway, the announcements on the TV showing the events of spiderman saving the decathlon team and art club.

"Hey, guys," Davina smiled at her friends, approaching them. "Spiderman, huh?"

"C'mon, show your spider spirit!" Ned joked. Suddenly Peter walked down the stairs as the bell rang. "Oh god! I'm already late! French class will be the death of me! See you guys later." Juniper said as she walked to the direction of her French class.

"Bye, J!" Ned called out. "She let's me call her that," he told Davina.

Davina laughed."Hey, Peter!" She called. Peter turned around and saw both ned and her walking to him.

"What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" Ned asked.

"Crazy dude," Peter said with a smile plastered on his face.

"I bet, but can I talk to you later about something?" Davina asked.

"Yeah, sure." Peter nodded.

"Should we tell everyone?" Ned asked hoping Peter would say yes.

"No." Peter shook his head.

"Should I tell them? Or Davina?" Ned pointed at her.

"Hey, that's not a good idea. Well that's never a good idea." Davina said to Ned.

"Okay, well c'mon, we gotta go to class." Ned said.

"I'm not going to class." Peter said which made Davina frown.

"What? You better have a good explanation for skipping class." Davina said to Peter.

"You better, you're already in so much trouble for ditching the decathlon." Ned agreed.

"Guys, listen. Look, I figured it out, the wingsuit guy is stealing from damage control and what he takes from damage control, that's how he builds the weapons! All I gotta do is catch him!" Peter explained.

"But we have a spanish quiz," Ned said.

"And you're failing spanish." Davina added.

"Guys, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the avengers upstate, so when I bring this guy in-" peter added. Davina did understand what Peter was saying, but she also wanted to understand why Peter would would risk his education.

"Dude, you want to be a high school dropout?!" Ned asked.

"I am so far beyond high school right now." Peter said, walking backwards towards the exit, but was met with the principal.

"Parker, my office." The principal said.

Davina shook her head. "C'mon Ned, let's go to class."

Peter looked one last time at Davina as she left with Ned. He knew that she was getting mad at him, but he didn't know exactly why. He then remembered what Adam said to him that night in the school parking lot. He figured that it would be for the best to keep his distance. He didn't want to mess up Davina's life even more.