fourteen: "knowing me knowing you"

Davina waited for Peter. And waited and waited. Aunt May let her wait for Peter in his room. She texted Adam that she would be home late, but she didn't really explain why. She texted him saying that she was at the library. The electric clock that sat on Peter's desk struck eight o'clock and Peter still wasn't home.

Davina was about to go home when she saw Peter open the door to his room dressed in hello kitty pajama pants and a white shirt that read 'I survived my trip to nyc'.  He stood in the doorway surprised to see Davina in his room, but remembered that he said they would talk after school, which he totally forgot.

"It's okay, I was just leaving." Davina said and was about to leave when Peter stopped her by blocking the door. "Peter, I have to go." She said in a stern voice.

"Look, D, I'm sorry! I forgot and I was going to call you, but I couldn't." Peter tried to explain. "We can talk right now. I have time." He said through tears.

"Peter, I'm sorry, but I have to go, as much as I don't want to. I hope you plan on taking Liz to homecoming or even Michelle or Betty because I'm not going anymore. I hope that whatever is going through your mind, you figure it out. I know that you love being spiderman, but there are other people around you that care about you." Davina wiped away her tears.

"I'm sorry." Peter whispered to her.

"Me too." Davina said as she opened the door and left.

\\//
//\\

Adam waited for Davina to get home since it was almost about to be nine. He sat on the sofa waiting while reading a book by Nicholas Sparks that pepper had recommended. The landline phone that adam liked having, rang. "Hello?" Adam spoke into the phone.

"Is this the Kirk residence?" A Male voice spoke, not sounding familiar to adam.

"Who's asking?" Adam questioned, setting his book down beside him.

"This is Robert Morgan and I would like to talk to you in person, if that's possible." Robert said.

"In person, huh? What's so important that you have to tell me in person? You know I could call the cops or I could hunt you down myself." Adam said starting to get angry.

"It just doesn't feel right saying it over the phone, meet me at Delmar's tomorrow at seven. Please." Robert said before hanging up, leaving Adam confused.

"What's wrong? Pizza place hung up on you again?" Davina said trying to seem like everything was fine, but it really wasn't.

"Nothing, D. Let's just go to bed," adam said in a quiet voice and put the phone down. "You okay?" He noticed her body language and saw that she wasn't okay. Davina had a habit of bottling things up.

"Yeah, and no. But it's time to sleep and it's a school night." Davina said and walked to her room.

"Don't think this is the end! We're definitely talking about this in the morning!" Adam shouted at her.

Davina closed the door to her room and pressed her back against it, sliding down. She put her head in her hands and started thinking about how of a mess up she is for doing what she did to Peter. He only wanted to make things right, save people. She believed him, but she also believed that he could do so much more.