twelve: "not dead"

Adam looked everywhere for his sister in the school parking lot. May had contacted him explaining what had happened in Washington and rushed to the school to make sure his little sister was safe. "Oh god! You're not dead!" Adam said as he ran toward Davina and hugging her tightly.

Davina chuckled. "I'm safe, Adam. I wasn't in the elevator, but Juniper and Emily were."

"What? Are they okay? Where are they?" Adam asked, looking around to find them.

"They're fine. Spiderman saved them. I'm glad he did," Davina said as her gaze followed Peter, who was with may. "Where's dad?"

Adam sighed. "Dad is working. Sorry, I couldn't get ahold of him."

Davina nodded slowly. "Of course, but what if I was in that elevator? Would he still have come to see if I was alright? Probably not." She said with a broken voice.

Adam wiped away a few tears from his sister's face and hugged her again. "D, it's okay. I'm here. I will never let anything happen to you ever, okay?"

"Okay." Davina mumbled. "I wanna go home, but can we pass by Juniper's? I want to make sure she's okay."

"Yeah, we can do that." Adam said before walking to his car and opening the passenger seat for Davina. As Adam was going to get inside the car, Peter came running wanting to talk to Davina, but Adam stopped him. "I know that she knows you're spiderman."

Peter gulped. "I'm guessing you know that too..."

Adam nodded. "I get that you want to be like Stark, but I don't want her getting into this mess. It's already a mess with me and the whole avengers being in her life, don't make it a bigger mess than it already is, kid. Leave her out of this." Adam said and walked to the drivers seat.

"Thanks for saving Juniper and Emily." He said before getting in and driving off leaving Peter on the sidewalk.

\\//
//\\

The next day, Davina woke up, the events of yesterday replaying in her mind. "You woke up before your alarm, now that takes skills." Adam's voice made her turn to him. He had a tray with waffles and a glass of chocolate milk on it.

"Morning to you too." Davina smiled. "What's with the food? I suppose that's for me?"

Adam places the tray on her bed carefully and sat beside her. "Yeah, I'm trying out this thing where I appreciate my sister before something bad happens to her, but in all seriousness, I know I haven't been the best brother, but I'm going to be better."

Davina placed her head on his shoulder. "That's the nicest thing that has come out of your mouth since valentines day, five years ago."

Adam chuckled and drank a little chocolate milk from her glass. "Yeah well I'm trying out new things. Hopefully I stay like this."

Davina lifted her head up and ate a piece of her waffle. "What did you say to Peter last night, he looked sad."

"Listen, D, I know that if I say this, a part of you will probably hate my guts, but once you listen, you'll know that I'm right and it's for the best." Adam said. "I know that he's spiderman even thought he sounds like a twelve year old boy and I know that you know."

Davina chocked on her waffle. "Uh, who's spiderman?"

Adam groaned. "Davina, I know about everything. I may be lazy, but I'm not lazy to know about what's going on. I want you to stay away from him."

"And why would I do that? I remember you saying that I should make friends and that's what Peter is to me." Davina said getting angry.

"Okay I did say that, but normal friends, not friends that can stop a bus with their bare hands or shoot webs."

"I think you forgot that my life stopped being normal when you joined shield." Davina said and got out of her bed and went to her closet to get ready for school.