She's a saint, not a sinner [Synyster Gates]

Chapter One. Meeting the guys.

‘Sherine? You’re done with the tour. Adam just called to let you know that you are heading to Charlotte tonight where Avenged Sevenfold have a gig. You will be with them for the rest of the year’ Chester said with a sly smile, waiting for her reaction. Sherine was quite the sight with her toned, tan legs, which were perfectly accentuated by her burgundy high waist leather shorts and black boots. A huge grin appeared on her face and she pulled him into a tight hug.

‘Thank God’ she breathed, then added ‘Don’t get me wrong – I loved being your assistant, but I can’t wait to manage tour on my own’ she said with excitement. She had worked for Chester and Adam for over two years now, being the Jack of all Trades, doing every work that was required. Adam had always told her that she wasn’t ready yet and that she could not handle the management’s bands, which were widely known for their wild parties, drug use and unholy lifestyle.

‘Make sure to get them on stage on time and be around when they do press stuff later on. Remember, if they mess up, you mess up, meaning I mess up, meaning we’re fucked’ Chester said, nervously fumbling around with his hands. Sherine let out a small laugh, patting his back.

‘I won’t let you down. Now get me to Charlotte, already’.

The venue was rather small, for which Sherine was glad, meaning she could have an eye on the boys at all times. She wasn’t here to babysit, but she had to make sure the night would go smoothly and nothing bad would be reported to Adam or Chester.

‘Ah, there you are, doll’ Johnny Christ said enthusiastically, embracing her. Johnny and Sherine were familiar with each other, having met on several occasions since she had started working for Adam.

‘Let me introduce you to the rest of the rat pack’ he mused, taking her by the hand. She wasn’t surprised to find the rest of the band gathered around several bottles of booze, taking drags of a blunt in turns.

‘Guys, we have a lady amongst us. This is Sherine Tate, she is our new tour manager’ Johnny exclaimed, trying to get the guys’ attention who all seemed to be in a hazy daze of weed and vodka.

‘That’s the first tour manager that’s actually fuckable’ a tall, buff guy with black messy hair observed while taking another drag.

‘Dude- I don’t think that’s a word’ the guy next to him with a septum piercing snickered.

‘Jeez, sorry, they are mental’ Johnny said in an apologetic manner and Sherine just smiled.

‘It’s fine. Adam prepared me for moments like these’.

‘So this is Zacky, Brian, Matty and Jimmy’.

‘Hi’ they all chimed in a chorus, offering her to take a drag of their blunt.

‘No thanks, I am working. Show’s in thirty minutes. I need you sober and cleaned up by then, so let’s get some coffee and water into your system and some cold, wet towels on your faces and- oh yeah some eye-drops to get rid off the red in your eyes’ she ordered, making the guys groan.

‘Someone needs to get laid’ the thin, scrawny guy, earlier introduced as Jimmy cooed. Sherine just rolled her eyes, leaving the room to get the much needed coffee.

‘Let me help you’ she heard one of the boys call after her, slowing her pace.

‘Oh great, it’s you, the guy who thinks I’m fuckable. If you expect me to do the nasty with you on the buffet while looking for coffee, you are out of your mind’ she said and furrowed her brows at Brian.

‘It was worth a try’ he said sheepishly with a shrug.

‘So, how long are you going to be around?’ he asked, scratching the back of his head.

‘Already tired of me?’ she said with a smirk, making him grin.

‘Oh please, the fun is just about to start’ he winked.

Sherine was satisfied when she watched the band perform as everything went well – nobody messed up the lyrics, fell or peed on stage. The night was a success. A couple of interviews later, the guys were quite exhausted, returning to their bus. ‘

Johnny?’ Sherine said with a hint of panic in her voice.

‘Yeah?’

‘Were am I supposed to sleep? Where is my bus?’

‘Oh, hah, did Adam not tell you? They cut our budget, no money for your own bus, princess. The tech guys are also riding with us on our bus. Quite cozy’ Zacky smirked, making Sherine frown.

‘You can’t be serious’ she said with disbelief. She usually wasn’t very picky or spoilt, but being on a bus with 5 or more smelly men, each of them equipped with the libido of a teenager boy, made her uncomfortable. She also hadn’t packed appropriately for these circumstances.

‘You can have the top bunk’ Brian offered as if this would make the situation any less awkward.

‘Eh- thanks’ she mumbled, climbing into the bunk when it hit her. They guys were whistling and making inappropriate comments, getting a nice view of her behind.

‘Stop being so childish’ she scolded them, fearing that this might be the beginning of a very stressful tour. Sherine was waiting for the guys to finally fall asleep so she could get comfortable in her babydoll night gown. If she had known that she would be sleeping on the bus with the band, she would have packed a turtleneck and a long pair of sweats, but no one had bothered to tell her. Apparently, she was in no luck today, as the guys were still playing x-box in the middle of the night and she was getting tired.

Oh what the heck, she thought grumpily and went into the tiny bathroom, changing into her babydoll. When she tip-toed outside, hoping to slide into her bunk unnoticed, Brian caught her off guard by pulling her into his bunk first.

‘Holy shit, you can’t get me hot this late at night. I won’t be able to sleep now’ he breathed as Sherine was still on top of him with her eyes wide with shock. His face was only inches away from hers and for the first time she noticed his nose ring and how hot it looked on him.

‘Enjoying the view?’ he said huskily when she realized she was rudely staring him up and down with her mouth hanging open, making her look like a dead goldfish. ‘

Let go’ she hissed, trying to straighten her dress and to make a quick exit.

‘I wasn’t keeping you. That was all your doing’ he said innocently, holding his hands up in the air. She quickly got into her top bunk, pulling the covers over her head, reminding herself to stay professional.