that cold is death approaching.

Jungkook impatiently tapped his foot against polished wooden floor, glancing around the large foyer with disinterest clear in his wide eyes. He zoned out as the realtor spoke passionately about the reconstruction done to the mansion, emphasizing every minor detail in the gigantic home as they walked. "This Victorian mansion was built for a family in 1872, who all unfortunately passed during a tragic fire that almost completely destroyed this home in 1889. Thankfully, the structure was still intact-"

Jungkook interrupted as the woman attempted to change the subject, "People died here?"

She smiled insincerely, obviously annoyed by Jungkook's disrespectful attitude as she flipped long hair out of her heart-shaped face. She began to respond, albeit reluctantly. "Arson. No need to fret about the lives lost, it was so long ago. I'm not even required to disclose that information, but I feel that my clients should know everything about their new home."

Jungkook felt his anger flare. Death was a sensitive subject for him, and to hear this woman talk as if somebody's life no longer holds any worth just because they've long been dead stirred a seething rage inside him. "You should have more respect for the dead."

"Jungkook, enough!" His father scolded, "Apologize."

Jungkook scoffed, walking up the stairs as his father apologized for his less than stellar behavior. He didn't need an obnoxious realtor to tell him every little detail of the house, and he definitely didn't want to be around the two of them any longer. The teenager couldn't help but grumble insults under his breath before he stilled as a muffled noise caught his attention. As Jungkook strained to listen, he could hear the quiet, enchanting notes from a piano, luring him to the last room on the right of the long hallway.

He stopped in front of the decorative door, fingers running over the carvings in the wood. After admiring the flower carvings, he finally opened the door to find a vacant room. There were many instruments from all ranges, including his personal favorite to play, the gorgeous violin. He hasn't performed in years.

Jubgkook shivered at the sudden coldness he felt as he stepped into the room, goosebumps beginning to appear on his skin. The teenager slowly walked towards the expensive violin, gently picking up the delicate instrument. He glanced around the room before running the bow over the thin strings a few times, beginning to play a sad but equally beautiful melody. As Jungkook played, he began to reminisce over heartfelt memories.

. .

"Junghyun! Put me down!" Little Jungkook giggled as Junghyun threw him up into the air a couple times. Junghyun chuckled before finally doing as told, gently placing the child on his feet. They turned their heads towards the audible camera click, seeing their mother grin as she held a polaroid photo.

Jungkook quickly waddled towards the tall woman, making grabby hands. "Let me see, eomma!"

"Ask nicely." His mother chided softly, smiling fondly at the small child who whined slightly in response.

"Pretty please!" Jungkook widened his doe-like orbs, a skill he learned to get whatever he wanted.

"Alright, alright." She laughed softly as she handed her youngest son the small picture. She ruffled his hair before he ran to his brother, waving the picture around excitedly. "I'll be off to bed early. Be sure to get enough sleep, Junghyun. You have school in the morning."

She walked up the stairs as her sons horseplay, chuckling once she heard Jungkook's surprised shriek when Junghyun began to tickle him. Little did the caring mother know that this would be her last memory of her sons before death came knocking.

Later, on that cold dreary night, her youngest chose to set fire to the wood in their fireplace before cuddling up to Junghyun. Jungkook had seen his older brother shivering on the couch, though he already had a blanket covering his thin body, so Jungkook only wanted to be helpful. He'd always been told never to light a fire without permission, but thought they wouldn't mind since he had a good reason.

How wrong he was.

. .

Jungkook was disturbed from his distant memories as the fallboard of the grand piano closed roughly, the loud noise echoing through the large room. He placed the violin back in its rightful position before curiosity got the best of him and he headed towards the piano. Jungkook's heart rate rose as he gulped, eyeing the flawless instrument as he sat down on the stool.

Nothing happened at first as he brushed dust off the surface of the piano with the back of his hand. However, shortly after he sat down, the fall board slowly creaked back open. The young teenager jumped from the seat in fright, tripping over it as he tried to get away from the piano. The back of his head smacked audibly against the ground, causing him to groan in pain as his hand gently rubbed the throbbing area.

Jungkook turned towards the high-pitched laughter, his blurry vision making out a crouching silhouette in the corner of the room. He closed his eyes as he felt the beginning of a headache. The teen stood up on shaky limbs, resembling a newborn deer as he leaned against the piano for support. He might need to go to the hospital after this, he thought briefly. 

Once his vision cleared, Jungkook stared at the slim figure in the corner of the room. He had jet black hair and an undeniably attractive face. His attire was rather outdated, but Jungkook wasn't one to judge someone's taste in clothing. The man pranced up to him, his plump lips forming a wicked grin. "That was the funniest thing I've seen in years!"

Jungkook huffed in annoyance, eyes narrowing at the rude stranger. "Glad to know my pain amuses you."

"What shall I call this rare beauty standing before me?" The slightly smaller male flirted smoothly, as if he hadn't been laughing mere seconds ago at Jungkook's injury.

The younger blushed slightly as his brows furrowed, "I'll tell you my name once you tell me yours."

"I'm known as Jimin, my little prince." The ravenette cheekily stated as he bowed slightly, taking Jungkook's hand in his grasp before pressing a kiss to the soft skin on the back of his hand.

Jungkook tried to yank his hand away almost immediately, offput by such an unusual introduction, but rather than letting go, Jimin held his hand even tighter and abruptly pulled the boy towards him. Jungkook gasped as toned arms wrapped around his small waist, squirming in attempt to flee. "I'm not going to tell a pedophile my name!"

Jimin cackled loudly as though the situation was hilarious, "I know everything about you, Jungkookie."

Jimin began digging his sharp nails into Jungkook's hips, causing the teenager to cry out as he jerked from the sudden pain. "You're too cute, I'll have fun with you."

Jimin loosened his hold as he lightly stroked Jungkook's face, who's nose scrunched up in disgust at the soft touch. Before the younger could spew curses, Jimin disappeared with a smirk. Jungkook gasped as stumbled backwards, eyes darting to every corner of the room in search for Jimin before running out of the room and straight towards his truck.