escape artist.

After getting a T-shirt and sweatpants on, Jungkook tugged on an old pair of Timberlands that were recently stuffed in the back of his closet. He knew he'd need sturdy boots to trek through the vast woods surrounding this devil house, deciding to put his trust into the shoes that have never failed him before.

The young teenager locked his bedroom door before searching for his cellphone and keys, sighing in frustration when he couldn't find either. “When I need it the most I can never find it.”

He glanced at the door before walking towards the large windows, staring at the drop from his bedroom to the ground that could potentially lead to his death. Jungkook bit his lip before shaking his head, knowing he needed to get out while he still had the chance.

Quietly opening the window, the petite male lifted a foot from his wooden flooring and onto the roof on the other side of the window, taking a sharp intake of breath when he was completely outside of his bedroom. He slowly eased his way to the edge of the roof, gulping when he realized there was nothing to help cushion his fall.

Jungkook heard his bedroom door knob rattling and gasped, eyes widening as his heart began to pound and his palms got sweaty. Taehyung's muffled voice was heard through the door, “Jungkook-ah, what are you doing?”

Without another thought, Jungkook jumped onto the awaiting grass below. He grunted at the pain in his legs but was fortunately okay other than the small ache. The injured teen immediately took off towards the dirt road, knowing he needed to put as much distance between him and the house.

Jungkook glanced towards the house to see if Taehyung alerted anyone of his disappearance, blood running cold when he saw the front door wide open with a fuming Seokjin staring right back at him. He continued to run as adrenaline ran through his veins, glancing at Seokjin's figure standing in the doorway.

The dirt road was bumpy and had several hills along the way, but the former track star had no problem with pacing himself. As his sprint turned into a jog, the sun began to set. Jungkook could now see the paved road ahead that led straight to town.

However, just as Jungkook was about to sprint towards the road, there stood an elk in all of its glory at the end of the dirt path, watching him with gleaming red eyes. It was abnormally large and it's dark fur was matted with something that looked a lot like blood, dripping from its head and stomach as it stood still. Part of its jaw was missing, showing the gory teeth inside as it hung limply. But what was most horrifying was the way it's intestines hung out of it's body, dragging on the ground as it started to walk towards Jungkook.

Jungkook's heart raced as he thought of what to do, coming up with nothing as the elk aggressively called at him. Jungkook immediately ran when it charged at him, shrieking as his heart leaped in his throat. He jumped out of the way before it could spear him with its antlers, rolling down a steep hill. Jungkook let out a grunt when he landed on his back, feeling it begin to bruise from the rough impact. His head was ringing as he shakily stood on his feet, looking up at the elk that was glaring down menacingly at him.

Jungkook watched as the elk searched for a way to get to him, realizing that if he didn't find shelter fast it would definitely kill him. The terrorized boy glanced at the elk as he retreated back to the mansion, whimpers falling subconsciously out of his mouth.

Jungkook took a minute to calm himself once he finally made it to the mansion, debating whether to go back inside the house and face another gruesome punishment, or attempt to get around the supernatural elk. He sighed as he glanced up at the moon now high in the sky before begrudgingly walking up the pouch steps.

Jungkook's eyes travelled from his dirty Timberlands to Seokjin who stood in front of him with an angry grimace. Seokjin's hard expression dropped slightly once he realized Jungkook had returned to him. He opened his arms for Jungkook to walk in, wrapping them around the small boy when Jungkook collapsed against him.

Jungkook sobbed, hiding his face against Seokjin's chest as he gripped onto the ghost. Seokjin smiled, stroking Jungkook's hair. “Shh, Jungkookie. You're safe with me.”