bring me back to life.

Jungkook didn't know what to do. Was he supposed to escape and inevitably be caught again, or just sulk in his bedroom for the rest of his life? School is going to start again soon, and he hasn't even registered. He only hopes his father returns soon and realizes what his son has been through while he was gone.

Jungkook sat up in his bed once he heard the rumbling motor of a vehicle approaching. Walking towards his window, he watched as his father pulled into the driveway before stepping out of the car to gather his suitcases from the backseat.

The young teenager ran out of his room and down the staircase, unusually happy for his father to be home. Jungkook was just desperate for someone he could trust at this point, even if that meant his absentee father. Flinging the door open, Jungkook smiled at his dad. "You're home, abeoji!"

"Jungkook, can you give me a hand?" His father's gruff voice responded. Jungkook nodded while walking over, taking the duffle bag so his father could grab his other suitcase. They walked in the house while his dad yawned.

Jungkook trailed behind his father as they headed upstairs, bringing the bags into a spare bedroom—which would be his father's for the next week or so until he had to travel again. The widower never bothered to personalize his bedrooms since he was only at his home for a few days at a time throughout the month.

Jungkook watched as his father unpacked his clothes and placed them neatly in a dresser before reaching into the pocket of his duffle bag. The older man brought out a picture of his family; toddler Jungkook and child Junghyun making goofy faces at the camera while their parents sat behind them on a picnic blanket, smiling lovingly at each other. He placed it delicately onto the nightstand and stared at it lovingly.

"Can you go away now, Jungkook? I'm tired." His father gave him a side glance, his expression holding no room for argument before he turned away from his son.

Jungkook frowned, deflating a little before begrudgingly leaving the room. He slowly walked towards his own bedroom, lost in thought as he briefly wondered what life would be like if his brother and mother were still alive.

"Your dad is an asshole." Jimin commented bluntly.

Jungkook huffed as he flopped onto his bed. "He's just had a long week. He'll be nicer in the morning."

"He didn't even notice your damaged truck, nor the scratches on your arms and face." Jimin continued. Jungkook chose to ignore him.

He listened as Jimin shuffled over to sit on the edge of the bed, feeling the ghost's gaze. "Stop staring, it's creepy."

Jimin chuckled, "Of all the things that could be creepy about me, my staring is?"

Jungkook hummed in response before lifting himself to sit against the headboard, "Why do you act so normal at times, even though you're keeping me hostage?"

"I'm bipolar." He grinned as Jungkook laughed nervously before continuing, "No, I like you as long as you do as you're told, but lately you seem to be hell-bent on leaving us."

Jungkook frowned, "I should be able to leave whenever I choose, I'm my own person."

Jimin crawled up the bed, hovering over Jungkook with a mischevious glint in his eyes, who gulped and stiffened underneath the small man. Jimin grasped Jungkook's chin between his fingers, forcing the teenager to look at him. "That's just the thing. You are ours, Jungkook. You're ours to do with what we want, whenever we want, and you have no say in the matter."

Jungkook scowled in anger, attempting to shove Jimin off by pushing at his chest. Jimin just chuckled, unaffected as Jungkook added force. Jimin's light amusement washed away once Jungkook punched him in the jaw, his grip loosening in shock as he leaned away slightly.

He saw red at Jungkook's hint of a smirk, wrapping his hands tightly around the younger's neck and watching as Jungkook's expression instantly changed to fear. "You need to learn your place."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he struggled to breathe, scratching at the ghost's hands as he gasped for air. "Pl-Please..!"

Just as Jungkook saw black spots in his vision, Jimin was shoved off of him and onto the wooden floor. Jimin was about to shout in anger but once he saw it was Seokjin, his lips fell closed and his gaze returned to the ground.

Jungkook coughed as he held onto his neck, attempting to rub away the pain. Seokjin cooed at Jungkook as he sat beside him, wiping the teen's tears with the sleeves of his sweater and pulling the younger boy into a warm embrace. "It's okay Jungkookie, hyung's got you."

Jungkook turned his body towards Seokjin, burying his face into the older man's neck as he sought comfort. Seokjin shushed his cries softly, rubbing a hand up and down Jungkook's back. Jungkook sniffled, "I don't like you."

Seokjin frowned, glancing towards Jimin with a heavy glare before the other ghost took notice and quickly left the bedroom. "You're just saying that because you're embarrassed. Without me, you'd be dead right now. Don't forget that it was I who saved you from the elk, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook didn't respond as he thought of all the cruel things Seokjin has done to him. Firstly, he sliced through Jungkook's skin like butter with a butcher knife. Moments later, Jin attempted to rape Jungkook but was thankfully interrupted by Taehyung. Then, Seokjin went on to refuse Jungkook shelter from the elk until he "learned his lesson", as Seokjin would say. Even with all he's done to Jungkook, Jin still attempted to kill the teenager's best friend because he was angry that Jungkook didn't want to be around him.

Jungkook thought any sane person would absolutely despise Seokjin if any of these traumatic incidents happened to them.

Seokjin, as if reading Jungkook's mind, began to speak about the events that lead up to this moment. "Everything I've done has been to protect you, Jungkook. I don't want you to leave because you're not in the safety of my arms. As long as you're with me, you'll be safe. But when you're not, bad things happens. Take the elk for example. It wouldn't dare touch you as long as you were with me, but the moment you left.."

"Why do you care so much about me being safe then?" Jungkook snapped.

Seokjin hesitated, knowing it was far too early to say what he was dying to. "There's something I need you to do for us–for the people I love." Jungkook stilled in Seokjin's arms, slowly leaning back. Seokjin continued, ignoring Jungkook's nervousness. "It's nothing bad, really.." Seokjin watched Jungkook's reaction as he continued, "I need you to bring us back to life."

1.1K words.