trust isn't given, it's earned.

Jungkook relaxed in Seokjin's warm embrace eventually, exhausted at how the day turned out. Seokjin was still stroking his hair, occasionally kissing his head. “I'm going to make sure you never escape, Jungkookie.”

Jungkook pulled away slightly once he heard the other ghosts gathering behind the taller man. They all stared at something behind Jungkook, expressions ranging from concern to joy. There was one ghost he didn't recognize, but his eyes went straight to Taehyung. Jungkook slowly looked towards the object of their interest, gulping in fear when he saw the elk staring back at him a few feet away. 

Jungkook clung to Seokjin tighter, whimpering slightly when the man took a step back into the doorway. Seokjin began to pry Jungkook from his body, giving him a smile as Jungkook started pleading. “Please don't, I'll be good. I won't leave again, promise.”

“I can't trust you to be good, Jungkookie. You understand, right?” With that, Jungkook was shoved down the couple of steps and fell onto the ground below. There was heavy breathing from above Jungkook, a wetness dripping onto his soft hair. Jungkook tensed as he slowly looked up, seeing the elk standing above him with its eyes glaring down. Jungkook froze in fear, glancing to see what the ghosts were doing in the corner of his eyes. Jungkook wondered if they'd let him to be slaughtered by this supernatural elk.

The elk started digging its front hoof into the ground, teeth grinding as Jungkook cautiously crawled away. Jungkook searched for shelter other than the mansion, knowing Seokjin would just throw him right back out for the elk to feast on. The safest place would be his truck, only a few feet away from him.

Just as Jungkook was turning towards the truck, the elk slammed its hoof against Jungkook's back, causing the human to collapse with a pained cry. The demon elk began to repeatedly pound its hooves against Jungkook's abused spine, only backing down after he was satisfied with the purple marks that began to rise on Jungkook's back.

Jungkook curled into a ball to prevent more abuse, letting out a sob when he heard the elk start huffing. Jungkook looked to Taehyung for help one last time, eyes begging the ghost as blood began to pour from his mouth after accidentally biting his tongue. Taehyung knew what the younger boy wanted but was helpless to Seokjin's control himself, deciding it was best to turn away and leave. Jungkook felt a wave of hurt and betrayal rush through him at Taehyung's response, using those emotions to motivate himself to get away from the deadly creature.

Jungkook glanced back at the elk before getting onto his feet and running to the opposite side of the truck, yelping as he narrowly missed the elk's antlers. Instead, the antlers pierced the side of his truck, causing them to get stuck. Jungkook laughed at its stupidity before quieting, gulping when the antlers began to work their way out of the metal. He opened the door and slammed it shut after he was seated in the vehicle, immediately shuffling towards the middle seat.

Jungkook looked back towards where the elk was, but it was no longer there. Jungkook held his breath as he waited in silence for the elk's next attack. The air was still and every noise was muted, all of the nearby animals quiet while they silently watched in the darkness. Jungkook gasped when the elk appeared in front of the car, stomping it's front hooves into the hood and leaving deep dents in the metal. It yelled loudly, the sharp sound like needles to Jungkook's sensitive ears.

Jungkook yelped when the elk decided it had enough and jumped onto the hood, staring at Jungkook through the windshield with its menacing eyes. Then it charged, it's antlers piercing the glass and shattering it all over Jungkook. The teenager screamed and ducked just in time to avoid the antlers that would've went straight into his chest, landing on the floor of the truck.

Jungkook whimpered as he tugged a piece of glass out of his cheek, blood flowing down and soaking his shirt. He began to hyperventilate as he gazed up at the demonic elk that had it's antlers stuck once again, crawling towards the door of the truck to escape. He opened the door and fell out with a thud, gasping at the pain all over his body. With his vision blurry, he held out a hand towards Seokjin. “Please— h-help me, Seokjin.”

Seokjin stood with a contemplative expression, tilting his head as he thought with his hand on his chin. The truck began shaking with the movement inside, Jungkook watching in horror as the elk jerks it's antlers from the cushioned seat and backs up through the broken windshield. Jungkook tried to stand but his vision and thoughts were muddled, causing him to stumble towards Seokjin in desperation.

Just as Jungkook was making his way up the steps, he was harshly shoved by the elk from behind. His head smacked into the floor, the new wound on his forehead immediately beginning to bleed. Jungkook groaned as his vision was blurred, the red liquid dripping into one of his eyes. He heaved heavily at his pounding headache, vomiting the half-digested soup. He glanced behind himself to see the elk turn around and walk several feet away, only to turn back and begin to dig its hooves in the dirt.

Jungkook tensed as it began to charge, but just as it was about to finish Jungkook off, a hand quickly reached out last second and gripped the elk's antlers while the other hand pulled Jungkook up from the steps by his waist. Jungkook watched with wide eyes as Seokjin stopped the elk with one hand. The elk called out with a threatening tone before it saw who actually stopped him, huffing as it slowly bowed, head hovering over the ground as a sign of respect.

Seokjin shooed him away, smiling slightly as the elk hesitantly ran away. The expression wiped off his face once he looked down at the bruised and bloody Jungkook. Jungkook clung to Seokjin's shirt as he shivered violently, legs shaking as his head felt heavy and fuzzy. He was softly whimpering at the pain all over his body, tears beginning to fall from his closed eyes. Soon, relief was granted to him through exhaustion and he was out like a light, falling limp in Seokjin's grasp.

1.1K words.