He wore a smile like a loaded gun.

Jungkook didn't know what true insanity looked like. He'd never met anyone that was truly psychotic, more like obsessive or compulsive at the lowest degree. The closest thing he'd ever seen to such an illness was on television.

However, staring at Seokjin who was observing him expectantly, waiting for an answer to his absurb question, he realized insanity wasn't obvious to the eye like it was in those shows. "What are you on?"

"You really have no idea?" Seokjin sighed as if inconvenienced, "You're a witch."

"And you're an ass!" Jungkook spat, squirming out of Seokjin's lap.

Seokjin let him go, watching the boy move away. "No, you're literally a witch. You can wield magic, Jungkook."

"I take it back, you're just crazy."

Seokjin grabbed Jungkook's wrist as he went to leave the bedroom, Jungkook letting out a yelp of pain from the tightness of his grip. "I'm no liar, Jungkook."

Jungkook gave him an incredulous look.

"It's the only reason I haven't killed you or your dad yet." Seokjin hissed lowly, "You're special."

"Witches don't exist!" Jungkook snapped, trying to yank his arm away. Seokjin only jerked him closer, sending the younger man stumbling into his chest. Jungkook turned around and tried to escape, but Seokjin's arms encircled his waist and held him tightly.

Jungkook grunted and struggled for a few minutes before finally giving up, panting as he finally became pliant against Seokjin's undeniably toned body. "I wouldn't kid about this, Jungkook. Your mother was a witch, and you inherited her gift. She didn't have the chance to tell you before she died."

Jungkook didn't want to believe him, "How would you know all of this?"

"I'm a trapped spirit. Whenever I meet someone-er, rather see someone, I can relive their darkest memories if I wish to. I knew everything about you the moment you stepped onto my property, what with your father knowing what you are and all."

That was how Jimin knew his full name. It was why he wasn't dead yet, and why they refused to allow him to leave the property. "Why tell me now?"

"You've finally realized that you can't escape from us, so it's best to tell you the reason why we've been protective of you."

Junfkook scoffed, "You're holding me here against my will. You've hurt me, almost to the point of death. Let's not forget to mention that you would've murdered my best friend. Why would I help you? I hate you all."

Seokjin dug his fingertips into Jungkook's hips, causing the young boy to cry out in pain and squirm against him. "Be careful what you say to me, Jungkook. I may tolerate your rebellious actions but I will not allow blatant disrespect." 

"You haven't heard of the past owners, have you, my dear?" Namjoon asked as he stood by the doorway.

Jungkook huffed, "Let me guess, you killed them?"

"Of course not," Namjoon gave him an offended glance, "Contrary to popular belief, most of us spirits rather not physically interact with humans unless necessary. We merely caused them to feel like they were going insane; made them think they were hearing or seeing things. Some eventually had nightmares so the lack of sleep made it even easier to manipulate them. Most sold the property soon after, but a few killed themselves."

Jungkook felt a shiver go down his spine, tongue heavy in his mouth as he sat in shock. "Why would you do that?"

"Part of it was boredom. We are trapped here with no form of entertainment. But mostly, we had to find someone who could help us. After decades of waiting, we finally found someone who had a link to sorcery; you."