the deranged make history.

After Jungkook's failed attempt to escape, the days seemed longer and the nights shorter, depressing to Jungkook as all he could do for the past week was stare out of a large lattice window, watching time fly by. Eventually the paranormal residents of the home gave up trying to persuade the young boy out of his bedroom, leaving Jungkook to sulk in silence.

Jungkook is sure his friends have called at least once, but the ghosts still refuse to give him his phone, Seokjin telling him “It's a bad thing to get addicted to.”

So, like a normal person after their life has been sucked away, Jungkook refused to speak and locked himself away in his room. The ghosts didn't disturb him too much, Taehyung only appearing a couple times to silently comfort Jungkook with his presence and change the bandages littering Jungkook's body. Whenever the ghosts would try to forcefully bring the teenager out, Jungkook would scream and yell profanities, uncaring of the possible punishments Seokjin had in store. All the older man would do though is glare at him with angry eyes before leaving the bedroom.

A knock disturbed Jungkook from his thoughts, causing him to stiffen in anticipation. “Who-who is it?”

There was light shuffling behind the door, “It's Yugyeom.”

Jungkook's brow burrowed in confusion as he processed the words, then proceeded to gasp and run towards the door, slamming it open to see his beloved friend. Yugyeom regarded his disheveled appearance with a concerned expression, staring at all of the bandages covering Jungkook's dainty frame. Jungkook was only in sweats, his chest naked for Yugyeom to see all of the bloodied bandages.

Yugyeom's hands grasped Jungkook's hips, pulling the smaller boy closer until their lips almost touched. “My poor baby, you didn't deserve this.”

"What?” Jungkook asked in confusion.

Yugyeom gave him a gentle smile, “Your butler told me you were in a car accident.”

Just as Jungkook opened his mouth to respond, Seokjin walked towards the couple and cleared his throat. Jungkook's heart began to race as he clutched on Yugyeom's shirt, shuffling closer to the slightly younger boy. “Lunch is ready. Do you wish to join?”

Yugyeom smiled, unaware of Jungkook's obvious discomfort. “I'd love to, Seokjin.”

“How do you two know each other?“ Jungkook asked warily, glaring at Seokjin.

Seokjin had evil glint in his eyes as Yugyeom answered, “I called and he answered your phone, said you were injured in a car accident. I wanted to come here straight away, but he said you had temporary amnesia because of your concussion.”

It was true. Often times, Jungkook found himself hyperventilating, unable to recognize his surroundings or why he was in pain. Of course, the ghosts would always comfort him and pull him back to reality, only for Jungkook to lash out at them once he was sane.

He even met the silent one due to his panic, who would never speak while he held onto Jungkook's hand. The older man was easily recognizable by his cat-like eyes that seemed to stare directly into your soul. Most times, he would seem angry due to his pouty frown and the heavy glare, but Jungkook came to realize that the ghost just had a major case of resting bitch face. Once the teenager calmed down from his panic attacks, the man would disappear without a trace. It was quite unusual to say the least, but the difference was welcomed compared to how manipulative and overbearing the other ghosts were.

Jungkook knows there is one more ghost he hasn't met, but whenever he brings it up to Taehyung, he's immediately shut down and the atmosphere becomes tense. Taehyung leaves after that, but not before murmuring a simple phrase under his breath, “the deranged make history.”