Prologue

"The data from Experiment #0187 is missing!"

"I have an idea who took it."

"Who? Is that person from this department?"

"That gloomy Xiao Jun. I saw him loitering at afternoon two days ago."

"Do you have any proof?"

"In fact, I have."

"Show it to me."

The man rummages through his bag, he fished out a hard drive.

"Here. It's the only file inside."

"How did you have this video?"

"Did you forgot that I am in charge of the Security Department?"

"I forgot."

"Well, see you later, Future Head."

"Why am I even subjected to theft?!? I didn't even came to this office since two days ago!"

"Head Xiao Jun, please don't dodge to the point. I even saw your video with you sneaking in the Central Lab."

"No! I was just in my office that time! I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Nuh uh, I have evidence. You can't defy this proof I have, especially our country has declared martial law in its chaotic state."

The man twirled a hard drive while mocking the frustrated scientist. His smile looked like a mockery to Xiao Jun as he kept glaring at the smiling man.

Xiao Jun kept denying the accusations of his coworker, fear crept up to him as he knew that any more of this will be the end of his career as a scientist.

"Guards! Drag this thief and place him in the Security Compound. Make sure his locks are doubled, keep it strong."

"Yes, sir."

"No! You can't do this to me, Fan Gu! I did not do anything! Hey, let go of me! Your grip hurts!"

"Shut up, criminal. In this state of the country, that retaliation of yours are useless."

Two guards held the arms of Xiao Jun tighty as more people kept looking at the restrained man with accusing eyes.

No! I was just working at my project! I didn't evem know that the data for that huge experiment is missing!

The guards thrashed the poor scientist inside the cell and locked the gate, the bars creaked with a upsetting noise.

Xiao Jun held the rusty bars as time passed with his voice becoming hoarse.

Opening his eyes, the one that greeted Xiao Jun's sight is a dark mist hovering over him. Confusion was etched in the scientist's eyes. While looking through the dusk, an acute pain shot through his neck, a long scar evident on the pale skin.

"Where...am I?"

[I am Protype #1204! Host is now bonded to me after being beheaded in your previous life!]

"So it's true that I died..."

Xiao Jun muttered under his breath while tracing the scar on his neck. The dark memory in his mind returning as his face turned darker.

[Don't think of your past, host must take care of your matters in the present first. I am a system that specializes in emotions and I can help the robotic host to be more human!]

"I am not robotic."

[Yes, you are host. Shall we go to your missions right now?]

"My mission?"

[Your mission is to defy the fate of the next lives you will transmigrate in. Failure in this mission will result to death.]

"What's this about next lives?"

[Oh, didn't I told you? Host will be sent to different worlds like those novels that I have read before!]

[Did you finally understood, host? Now! We will now go to the first world for your mission! Remember host! Failure results to death!]