1.19: Rhett Whimsicott

The dark, somber jail in the basement of a courtyard of the Chance Kingdom brings shivers to anyone being imprisoned here. Rhett held the bars in front of him with his tied hands as he stared blankly at the furious man in front of him. The warden of the prison is currently spouting nonsense in front of Rhett such as the Guilla Kingdom sending spies or the Guilla Kingdom planning to launch a counterattack from the previous war months ago. Rhett used his free hand to shield himself from the spitted dirty saliva from the warden.

"Pao, can you check if there is any person in the hallways from this prison?" Rhett told to Paopao while the system is currently hidden in Rhett's hair, though no one can see the ball.

[Roger!]

Secretly looking at the warden with narrowed eyes, Rhett took out a sharp blade from the narrow opening of his sleeves and slowly removed the tightly wrapped ropes on his wrists. Paopao kept bouncing while patrolling the prison halls. After some moments, Paopao returned and went back into Rhett's hair.

[Host, there are about five patrollers in the hallways of the prison. Each person in a corner and the remaining one is the warden.]

"I knew that I could always count on you."

[Hehe, told 'ya host!]

After finally freeing himself of the ropes, Rhett kept his hands hidden behind him. Hiding the blade and in replacement is a sharp needle for acupuncture. As a current student in medicine, Rhett knows the nooks and crooks of the human body, nevertheless the pressure points of a human.

Just in time, a companion of the warden suddenly entered the room, the man dressed alike the warden and only his face covered.

"Time to change posts, warden." The newcomer said in a very gruff voice. Rhett grew suspicious of this man since no human can have a voice this gruff naturally. Raising his defences, the warden suddenly fell on the floor, the body limp and unmoving.

"Who are y--"

"Master, the prince has been waiting for you."

Rhett's eyes widened upon hearing the familiar voice in front of him. This is the guard that Rhett controlled before, his named is--

"Hak, how did you know that I am here?"

"Prince Samuel's orders. Master, you need to escape. The Guilla Kingdom has taken knowledge that you have beem imprisoned in the king of Chance's orders. Also, a rumor that the Chance Kingdom is plotting a war against Guilla Kingdom is deemed true, the Guilla Kingdom is now stationed to prepare for this war."

Just in time Hak issued the last words, a loud explosion was heard outside. Shrieks and shouts or the people are defeaning after the explosion. Good thing that Rhett immediately regained his balance and didn't fell on his butt.

Hak picked up the key on the unconscious warden's pockets and opened the jail door. Freedom is at hand and Rhett ran to the exit with Hak on his tail. Inside Rhett's hair, Paopao pointed the directions to the exit due to having examined the interior of the prison a while ago.

Upon reaching the exit, Rhett squinted at the sudden ray of sunlight in his eyes. His arm raised to cover his eyes, someone suddenly grabbed forcefully his hand. Rhett tried to throw away the grip but the force of the grip is tight.

"Rhett!" A voice so familiar that Rhett forgot the hard grip in his hand. Hak suddenly pushed away the two before him as an arrow suddenly whooshed in the place of the two, narrowly evading a sudden harm.

Hak turned and jumped on a nearby ledge and threw a knife at the direction of the arrow as a grunt of a person was heard. A thud and a man suddenly screamed in fear across the ledge. It seems that Hak accurately stabbed the archer and someone saw the wounded man.

"Run your majesty!" Samuel nodded at his guard before covering Rhett with a black cloth and running away for safety. Reaching an alley, Samuel turned left and right as if he knew the roads in this passageway.

"Pao, can you tell us our current location?"

[Host, you're currently being led to a secret exit of the gates of the Kingdom. It seems that the location of the prison is near the exit of the borders. I have checked the nearby exit and a group of knights and chivalry men are there.]

To become not a burden to Samuel, Rhett had Paopao provide the right directions and ran alongside his lover.

Upon reaching the exit, Rhett saw the familiar face of Samuel's brother, Samson, and nodded in greeting at his brother-in-law. With the arrival of Rhett and Samuel, the group immediately fled the kingdom to get back to Guilla.

The sky is dark and the men are tired when they finally returned back to their destination, a clearing with tents and men preparing for the upcoming war. Their tent situated at the far northeastern corner beside a rock formation.

Rhett sat down on a chair inside as he watched Samuel pacing back and forth, seemingly finding something. After a few exchange with the people outside, the latter returned while carrying a medical kit in his hands.

"Show me your wrists, Rhett." Rhett naturally complied and show his wrists, an angry line of red on his skin, an obvious sign of being tied up and due to his sensitive skin. Gently, Samuel took out a small tube of medicine as he squeezed a small amount and applied on Rhett's skin. The cooling sensation made the latter sigh in ease as the aching of his wrists subsided.

"Thanks." With a smile on his face, Rhett lowered his body and hugged the man in front of him. Unknown to him, Samuel felt his lover unconsciously tremble faintly. Him being imprisoned brought some bad experiences and made him scared of being made captive again.

After all, Rhett died in his last life by being taken captive of due to theft and the chaos of the country made his want of justice be ineffective in the face of martial law. Also, dying of being beheaded isn't a good memory either. A good side is that he finally been released of his grim life.

Samuel pursed his lips and only patted Rhett's head while running his fingers through his soft hair. The latter relaxed in his embrace as Rhett indulged himself in the warmth of his lover.

An hour has passed and Rhett suggested to Samuel to form a plan to attack the Chance Kingdom. After all, life and death is insignificant in the hands of the war. With Samson and Samuel in front of him, Rhett took out a map of the Chance Kingdom, courtesy of Paopao as the system helped Rhett draw the layout of the majority of Chance Kingdom by his abilities, and marked some important points for soldiers to take station in.

Rhett spoke fluently in art of war verses as his own body is fluent in the theory of war but not in experience, and both twins are amazed in how Rhett formulated a plan that seemed to be flawless and wondered why the little boy stopped in becoming a knight. Rising in ranks of knighthood with this superb talent is a cinch.

Including the posts of the medics, cavaliers, soldiers, knights, and the snipers, Samuel suggested a way to enter the palace if Rhett's plan will be deemed ineffective.

With a plan formulated, Rhett and the others bid a good night as they went outside the tent. As the other soldiers are situated to guard the tent from any disturbance, other people are not allowed to be nearby. Rhett faced right as someone suddenly glomped onto him as he nearly lost his balance.

"You nearly worried us you bitch!" A cheery and familiar voice was heard as Rhett returned back the hug of this person, a familiar scent wafted into his nose.

"Of course I'm full of tenacity, Chim! Nothing can kill this roach, you know."

"Uh huh, and you're also my partner so as long as I'm alive, nothing can kill my partner!"

Both of them went into a tent and upon entering, Rhett saw some familiar and not familiar faces inside. Some of his classmates from the medical class are here, maybe they forced themselves to come here since they have been steeled from the experience of a war before.

"Hey, is it true that the king of Chance Kingdom imprisoned you?"

"Then the rumors of you being Sapphire's lover is true?!?"

"What? No!"

"Rhett already has a lover, you know."

"Who?!?"

"It's a secret."