1.14: Rhett Whimsicott

When Rhett first mention of the matter of being a fake lover of Sapphire's, what Samuel's reaction made Rhett baffled and confused to an extent.

"I trust you."

These words brought happiness and Rhett can't help it but fall more for his lover. All Rhett can fully integrate in his mind was not only Samuel is a gentleman that is thoughtful of any things, Samuel is also patient with Rhett's shortcomings.

Samuel is a male god, and will be always Rhett Whimsicott's. This is what Rhett think of this time while looking with a neutral expression but spirited eyes at Samuel.

If only Rhett could read the mind of Samuel, he would be definitely fuming in embarrassment. Samuel secretly glanced at him with a knowing gaze, him licking his dry lips, and used his willpower to restraint his hungry self.

"At least you told me about that matter, I'm trusting you to know your limits. Well, if I knew that you've been secretly eyeing her...you will find out."

Samuel said those words with a doting expression on his face, voice honeyed and dangerous. He clasped his hands on Rhett's cheeks and pecked on the petal pink lips, face bright when he saw his lover's face a red mess.

"I'll take you outside."

Other that following his new mission of protecting Sapphire, Rhett also has a task at searching for someone. A person the original owner of the body that knew too well. He felt his rage bubbling in his heart, eyes reddening at the thought of that man, he clenched his shaking fists. The emotions of the original body inevitably affected the mood of Rhett.

Upon arriving at his room, he grabbed his notes to write down a few herbs and substances, a insidious smile on his face right now.

After listing down, he sat down to pacify himself through breathing exercises. Minutes later, his raging heart became tranquil as he finally went outside again to look for those certain herbs listed on his note. After all, the mission can't wait to happen automatically.

"Are you certain that you want this herb? But that's dangerous!"

A man on his forties felt dumbfounded upon seeing the list of herbs that this child gave to him. Eyeing the feminine face, he can't help but only gave a dissatisfied shake of his head.

"I can give you some herbs in from this list. The others...they're only found at the wilds out there."

"It's okay, I will eventually will find it."

"Okay, just wait a second. I will get the herbs."

Looking at the store owner, Rhett silently looked at the herbs inside the glass counter in front of him. Some of these are medicinal and some have other functions, but under the gaze of Rhett, he completely knew the names and uses of it.

"Dear customer, here are the herbs you've requested. The price is only for ten gold coins."

Rhett searched through his pockets and took out exactly ten gold coins, money in courtesy of Samuel. The owner bid him a goodbye after he stored the herb inside a wooden box, and gave it to Rhett.

Days later, Rhett wiped his sweat after gathering the last herbs on his list and saw the sun setting. The cold wind of the mountains stopped him on his tracks as he realized that the sky is turning dark, a hue of violet and red.

He checked on his pocket watch and stuffed it again at his breast pocket after seeing the time. Rhett held the edges of his coat tightly and ventured through the grassland and took the familiar road to go back.

Aside from feeling the chill, Rhett only heard the faint sound of the animals around him and continued his steps. He huffed and puffed, visible smoke coming out from his almost purple lips.

A sudden shrill of an animal disturbed Rhett as he looked around for any activities, and he finally decided to lit up a light he have and hurried back. Rhett clumsily jumped on some root and he accidentally stepped on a small pebble, his feet losing balance as he fell on the grassy ground. His sudden mistake made him shout in pain, which inevitably disturbed some animals. This made Rhett alert as he commanded to Paopao to open his radar for any incoming living things.

Trying to stand up, a pain shot through his ankles as he pointed the light he's holding and realized that it's bruised violet and blue. Rhett also noticed that his nerves on his legs gave in, making Rhett regret going out until nighttime in the dangerous outskirts of the Guilla Kingdom.

Rhett searched through his bag for a bandage and for some herbs, eventually finding it as he also took out some scissors from his medical kit and sat down to start bandaging his wretched ankle.

All of a sudden, an alert from Paopao made Rhett realize that someone is nearing his location, [Approximately about thirty feet away. And its moving at a fast pace], Paopao supplied to Rhett.

A silent breath was heard by Rhett as he looked at his surroundings, silent as he searched for any disturbance. A sudden rustle of the branches was seen as Rhett grabbed a hidden dagger from his pants and precisely hit the target on its clothes.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I am a guard hired by Prince Samuel to escort you back to the palace. Prince Samuel also said to prevent you from any harm."

The cold voice of the black figure answered to Rhett and Rhett felt that he could trust this man. After all, from all those betrayal the people from his previous life have gave him, Rhett can discern whether someone is lying or not.

"Tsk, that sneaky Samuel... How did he knew I was here?"

The man said nothing and only stood there, as if waiting for Rhett to move by himself. Rhett only sighed and finished wrapping his ankle by bandage and followed the man back.