1.10: Rhett Whimsicott

The pregnant silence filled the infirmary as Samuel pressed the wrapped ice against the swollen wrist of Rhett. Feeling the sharp, icy cold, the latter involuntarily hissed in pain.

"How does it feel?"

Apart from being concerned, the voice of Samuel is husky and deep. The exact type of voice Rhett wants in a man, if the crossdressed guy could think of.

"Hurts like a bitch."

"Well, that's only for the start. It'll be better later after the ointment."

Working on patting the ice, Rhett finally realized that only he and his teacher are the only ones inside the infirmary. He felt his heart race at that thought. After all, he's all alone with his instructor with the latter healing his swollen wrists.

He kept his head down while looking at the surroundings except for the handsome face of Samuel. He can't bring himself to look secretly at the man like a girl. In the end, it all stems from the prideful self of Xiao Jun.

Minutes passed or so, Samuel finally applied some ointment on Rhett's wrist. Just like what the older said, it doesn't hurt much at the application of the medicine.

Unconsciously, Samuel grabbed his pocket watch from his left pockets as he realized that all it took for them to be here is about a short thirty minutes.

"The dance of the ball is about to start in a few minutes. Can you walk fast in those shoes?"

"Uh...my ankles hurts also, Sir. How about you leave first then I'll follow suit?"

"No can do. I'll go with you."

Without giving a chance to reply, Samuel reached out for the hand of Rhett as he squeezed it. It's rough but pleasant, Samuel thought to himself as he finally started to walk in short strides to make Rhett not hurry too much.

Under the moonlight, both teacher and student are walking hand in hand at the west wing of the academy. Thankfully, Rhett is actually wearing a woman's dress for him to be recognized easily. The ginger wig took all the reward for making him look feminine.

"By the way, how did Chim persuaded you to wear that?"

"Its just on a whim, he challenged me in a card game and I lost. Loser wears this dress, mask and wig in this night."

"Uhuh, but it looks good in you. You're beautiful in that dress."

With Samuel's straight complement, Rhett felt embarrassed as he kept his head low while walking. Clearing his throat, he ushered a thanks to the older man.

Halfway there, the sound of the violins and piano captured the attention of them as they knew that they're too late for the dance. Rhett felt thankful that they didn't reached the hall in time; he would be embarrassed to be partnered to another guy.

"Hmm. Its too late to go back there. How about we dance here?"

Samuel followed his suggestion with a hand in front of Rhett. This proposition made Rhett's heartbeats become more erratic, as he heard Paopao howl in laughter.

[Accept it host! This is a super rare chance to have! I'll shut down for a while!]

After that, Rhett heard the sound of his system shutting down, like a laptop closing, as only deafening silence remained inside him.

"I, uh, okay...?"

He reluctantly accepted the offer as he saw a brilliant smile on Samuel's face. If he would think of it, both of them are student and teacher but their differences in age are only a measly five-year age gap.

"I'm glad you accepted it."

With that as a cue, Samuel pulled the reddened man against his chest as he placed his hand on Rhett's slender waist. He placed the left hand of Rhett on his shoulder and he held the right hand against his.

Humming, both of them started to sway against the breeze of the night as Rhett only followed on what Samuel stepped on. They kept circling and gently swaying as Rhett felt himself becoming more into it, his body felt soaring and light. He never knew that dancing like this felt good for him, especially when he looked straight at Samuel's dark purple orbs.

"Rhett, do you want more?"

He nodded at what his companion said as they continued waltzing. Unknowingly for them, they are into their dance, never knowing that a guard is about a corridor away from them.

Once Rhett heard some footsteps from the path behind them as he gripped Samuel's hand, and whispered against his teacher's ear.

"We have company, Sir."

After that, the two of them dashed away from the alerted guard as they ran through the different pathways of the west wing.

Unfortunately for Rhett, his foot gave up as he accidentally stepped on his dress, falling facedown in the process.

"Ow, that hurts. Here, grab my hand."

Reaching out, Rhett helped himself as he stood up and patted his dress. Once he balanced himself, the pain on his ankle shot through his nerves as he tried to not cry. Especially in front of his teacher, it would be a disaster for a man to cry in front of another man, Rhett reminded himself.

Samuel watched the body language of his student as he decided to indulge himself in helping the helpless boy.

Standing beside Rhett, he scooped the man into his arms into a princess carry. Making Rhett's face blush redder than blood, the latter only covered his face with his hands while contemplating his [bad lucks] for this night.

"I'll take you back to your room."

With that, Rhett pointed the way to his teacher, the latter memorizing the directions. Rhett was put down in front of his door as Samuel offered to help in removing Rhett's dress, as Rhett realized that his dress has the buttons on his back.

The night passed with Rhett inadvertently exposing his body to his teacher, an embarrassing experience for him. The latter only gave him a mysterious smile as he bid goodbye to  Rhett.