1.7: Rhett Whimsicott

"Hey, do you think a cream-colored tuxedo will do?"

Holding a 2B pencil in his hand, Chim started to roughly draw a few lines, outlining a man's body. Wow, Rhett thought while looking at the illustration, this guy is also an artist.

"You're great at arts, why bother studying medicine?"

Rhett said to Chim as the latter paused for a while and smiled emptily. Noticing the change in the atmosphere, Rhett made a mental note to not mention these kind of things.

[Host! You're such a villain! Making Chim sad like that...you better patch up things to him!]

"I know, Pao."

Reaching out to Chim, Rhett lightly pinched Chim's face as he gave him a small smile. Ahh, it's softer than I thought, the former thought while pinching Chim's cheeks.

"When I'm still a child, I really liked drawing. My siblings also appreciated my skills in this field, it really made me happy. Really."

"Good for you to have your family appreciate your skills--"

"That's only for my siblings. My parents didn't even took a glance at my drawings, saying its a trash and idiots only draw as a profession."

Rhett finally saw a bit of Chim's true colors as he saw the lonely smile of his. As for himself, he never experienced being surrounded by the atmosphere of a family. The Xiao Jun before transmigrating is only an orphan that is adopted by a rich family before being shunned again.

"They kept tearing my drawings everytime I showed it to them, saying I am useless as a child if I didn't take my future seriously. It hurts, a lot.

Then my mother said that I have two choices to take when I grew up, be a medic or an instructor. My decision led me here at medicine department.

But I'm really glad that I took this department, or else I will not be your friend this time."

Finally as if a burden released from his shoulders, Chim smiled widely at Rhett, the latter thought that he saw some sparkles around the guy.

"Well, we can't change our past, but at least we can look forward for the future. Why bother looking back if we can look forward, right?"

"Right!"

[Ah, host! I'm proud of you~]

Paopao said to Rhett while wiping his tears with his handkerchief.

[You have really grew up maturely in just a couple days! I'm really happy and proud of you, my child~!]

"..." Rhett can't say anything to this emotional mother-type system but a silence.

"If you wrapped the sage leaves with this substance, it can be used practically for cold and inflammation of wounds."

"Sage leaves...uh huh, continue..."

"And the sage stem and used as a herbal seasoning at home, boil it with sugar and..."

While Rhett is talking to Chim, the latter is taking down notes. Aside from celebrating for the incoming Foundation Day of Guilla Academy, students will first experience the National Examination Day.

Holding the Medicine Knowledge for Dummies, Rhett reads it while saying the concise information to Chim in order for the latter to understand completely.

"Wah! Without you, I wouldn't even think of taking the examination!"

"It's the least I can do for you, aside for designing me a woman dress for the ball, ugh."

"Well, you lost the game! The one who wins wears the cream-colored tuxedo while the other wears the mask and dress that I designed! Hahahaha!"

If Chim could have a rock to step on, he would look like a fisherman that caught a big fish looking at his triumphant face. Well, Rhett started thinking, at least I will wear that dress only for the cotillion ball.

"Aside for ecstatic victory there, why don't you grab a book then read for the exams?"

With dull expression, Rhett looked at Chim with a mocking smile. Chim only pouted as he mumbled, "I can't understand the books, only if it came from you, I will. Oh, then I will ask you, why bother be a medic if you're great at teaching?"

"I'm only interested in discoveries, not handling a bunch of students and cramming the night for a lesson plan."

"Oh~! I see! Is that the reason why you're sickly?"

"Well, a part of it, yes..."

[And host is also a scientist, dattebayo!]

"Stop your impersonation, it doesn't fit you."

[Host, you hurted me!]

"And fix your grammar, it hurts my ears."

"Do you finally understood about the sage plant?"

A nod was a reply from Chim as Rhett proceeded to the next page.

"After the sage plant, the verbena plant is the next. When looking at it, it would look like a normal tamarind leaves, but its texture is..."

"Wow, are you both studying for the exams this week?"

An interruption stopped Rhett from his lesson as Sapphire Chance stepped in from their bubble. Instead of picking the classroom for teaching, Chim picked their usual spot in the courtyard, for inspiration, he said.

"Yes, want to hear the amazing lesson of the almighty Rhett?"

"I would love to!"

After saying those words, she sat beside Rhett and looked closely at Chim's notes at the lap of Chim as hee eyes sparkled at what she saw. This will be a great opportunity, she thought to herself.

"Why don't you become my tutor, Rhett?"

Aside for Chim whose secretly glaring at Sapphire, a tall man whose walking also saw the scene at the courtyard from afar. Unconsciously, he gripped his pen hard to the point of it breaking.