3

Bashir Montreaux is an odd person. The way he sits. The way he breathes. The way he stares over at me in the seat as though expecting something from me like he knew me all my life. I feel so awkward on the drive. Destiny is in the front seat and she is just a reminder of the lengths that Bashir went to get to me.

"You have some nice lips," he says randomly.

It's the most random thing. I suck my lips in feeling embarrassed and self-aware all at the same time that another man was staring at my lips the way he was staring at them. It felt awkward to say the least. I stare out of the window, struggling being this close to Bashir. I see a smile on his face. It's a clean smile. All white teeth and dimples from a smirk.

"Where are we going?" I change the subject.

"Depends. Do you want the job or not?"

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't interested. But what's my share."

"What do you want?"

It's a weird question. I hadn't thought about it. The Montreaux family had to be worth a lot of money. They were art investors and collectors but I had no idea about that industry.

"Before I answer that question. Tell me more about what we are stealing."

"Smart choice. I would expect nothing less from you."

He pulls something out of a briefcase at his feet. It's a portfolio. There are values. From paintings to jewelry pieces to small statues and other memorabilia.

"These are worth millions."

"My family owns the largest private art collection in the world. Many people look at art and they see money. My family sees as paycheck. Most of their art pieces are located in one central location. The Montreaux Estate."

"You need help breaking in."

"No we'll have to steal the art pieces when the leave the Estate. The Estate is a fortress. There's no way we can break in there."

"I can break into anywhere. You don't even have to come. You'll probably just slow me down."

He laughs. He's not the only one, Destiny or Nina laughs as well. She has been listening to our conversation from the front seat.

"Slow you down?"

"Yeah I mean you might learn a few things if you tagged a long though."

There is more laughter. You would think I was on a comedy tour. You would think I was a King of Comedy by how loud they are laughing. They are really enjoying this. Every moment of it. It seems weird almost like they are mocking me.

I am offended. Highly offended. Bashir just smiles a little bit though and keeps silent.

"I'd love to learn a few things from you," he says in the most sarcastic tone, "How about 20 million to teach me what you're made of."

20 million. I look him hard in his face. I study his expression. He has this smile on his face. Bashir has a smile continuously glued to his face. It wasn't a friendly smile. Not in that sort of way. He always had this mischievous smile. The kind of smile that told you he was up to no good.

"To help you?"

"Yes."
I had never heard of that sort of money before. Seeing the house that Bashir was in I knew that he wasn't joking. If he stole the money from his family he would have 20 million to give and more. I jump at the 20 million like an idiot. I mean to hell with bargaining. There was no way I was going to play hardcore with that amount of money.