7

It takes a few days before I start feeling better. The wound was just that. It was a minor wound. One of many that I was going to take for Bashir it seems. When Bashir and Destiny get with me and say they need to have a 'serious talk' I already know what it's about.

"You want me to sleep with one of your brothers."

"You knew?"

"Ya, I knew."

"This whole time and you didn't say anything?" Bashir asks.

It doesn't matter if I knew or how long I knew. The fact remains the same that Bashir wanted me to do this thing. He wanted me to have sex with his brothers for some reason. I can tell right now this has to be the most uncomfortable conversation he's had.

"So you down?" Destiny asks me.

I basically had to whore myself out to get us out of the hole we were in now.

"I have some questions..."

"Sure."

"Why them?" I ask, "If we're broke there are a million other people we can rob."

"It has to be them," he tells me, "I don't just want to go around scamming people. My brothers deserve it. I know the kind of people they are. I know they deserve it. Besides. I also know they have the money."

Destiny nods, "Roger has both keys to the Montreaux estate. He's going to be making his move soon. The Montreaux twins are leaving Italy in two days. They are going to try to collect the key I stole from the vault. When they realize it's gone they are going to be on high alert. We need to hit them before that. Take out the twins and then break into the estate."

"You said it was impregnable," I remember.

"Almost, not without the keys. We'll need to go after Roger. But we can't do any of this without resources. That's why we need you..." he tells me.

They are both looking at me. Both depending on me.

"I don't even know which brother is gay," I state, "They are identical."

"You are just going to have to work both of them..."

"He doesn't HAVE to do anything," Bashir states, "He can say no. Diego. You can say no. You know that right?"

I look over at Bashir.

I wonder if there is any part of him that wants me to say no. I know this isn't some normal situation. We were a bunch of crooks that worked together. There was a part of me that knew how much money was at stake. I was playing the long game. I was a fugitive too, so there was no turning back now. I had to finish the con. I had to do whatever it took. But personally, it sucks. Personally, I want to focus on Bashir and not have to do these things that would get between us.

I don't have that luxury.

I was a scammer.

That's who I was.

"I'm down," I state.

Destiny smiles. Bashir doesn't say anything. He doesn't even react at all. His face is stone cold. Unreadable. It's as though he's zoned out completely from the moment. It's a little scary almost. Maybe he's detached his emotions from me already. Maybe he doesn't even care what happens now.

He speaks as though he's reading from a list.

"This scam is going to require a Wireshark hacking tool, a double breasted suit, a covert earpiece, rope and a pit bull," he states, "Let's get started."