6

"I'm going to find him," Bashir is steaming, "I'm going to fucking find him."

I can see how heated he is. The look on his face is one that anyone would be feeling right now. I am more confused than ever. I thought Roger was close to Bashir.

"It'll be OK."

"NO IT FUCKING WON'T!" Bashir snaps.

Bashir disappears at that moment into the back. He is beyond heated right now. I look down at Destiny. I'm helping her up in a chair after she has been knocked out by Roger. It's clear that she wasn't expecting this too. Unlike Bashir though, she just looks sad.

"It's not you," she tells me, remarking on Bashir's reaction, "He looked at Roger like a brother. Roger was going nowhere fast when Bashir brought him into the fold. I always told Bashir that Roger never looked at him in the same way. Roger was in love with Bashir. That was probably his motivation."

"To hurt someone you love?" I ask sighing a little bit, "Sorry if that doesn't make sense to me."

"When the person you love is giving more attention to someone else then yeah, it does become his motivation. And guess who that person is that he's been giving all his attention to?"

She looks at me as she says it.

Bashir and I haven't even been on the best terms as of lately. After what happened with his brother I'm not sure where we even stand at all. The fact that Roger still found me threatening said something. Just at that moment, Bashir walks into the room. We stare at each other. Was there really a chance that something was between us that other people saw that maybe I didn't see? Roger betrayed Bashir for a reason and Destiny thought that reason was me. What if she was right?

Bashir isn't looking at me out of some deep connection though. He's not taken by me...at least not in this moment.

He shakes his head, "All my money's gone."

"You're joking," Destiny states.

"Everything. All the money I've saved up over the years. All my personal investments. Bonds. Savings. Everything. Every last cent is gone."

My mouth drops. Bashir falls to the ground at that moment. I hear a big thud as he bangs he knees on the ground. He looks like a man who has given up. I am so sad for him. Here he was someone who was trying to get his old lifestyle back and whatever he had was taken from him as well. Once again it happened with someone he loved.

I find myself running towards him. I want to catch him. I want to hold him but he pushes me away. He pushes me away hard and fast.

"I'm just trying to help."

"I don't trust anyone right now..." is his response.

He goes away from me. I don't want to take it personally but I can't help but do that. I just got rejected by him and it fucking sucks. This boy was damaged. I remember those headlines I read when I first was curious about Bashir. Those titles were real. They were a sign. Beneath the lifestyle and privilege, was a boy who was constantly betrayed by the people he loved for a come up.

I walk over to Bashir. I put my hand on his shoulder, "I'm not like them."

"How do I know that?"

He looks over at me. Regardless how angry he is right now it's clear that he is listening. It's clear that he's hoping to hear something he hasn't heard before.

"You don't," I respond, "But I know what you need."

"You don't know shit about me," he responds.