5

When we get back to the loft, Bashir is still angry. I can see it written all over his face. He walks in the house and doesn't say a word. Roger and Destiny are asking him questions but he just walks right past, goes upstairs and slams his room.

"What the hell was that about?" Destiny asks, "Did you guys not get the key?

"We got it."

"Then what's the problem?" Roger asks.

I'm wondering the same thing at this moment. Destiny looks at me with this suspicious face. I can tell she doesn't trust me completely. I can also tell her acting like she was so impressed with me back in the day was all a farce to stay in my good graces. She was a scammer. Just like Bashir. Just like what I was trying to be.

He told me to do whatever it takes .

So what was the problem?

"I messed around with his brother to get the key."

"Fuck!" Destiny states.

"What's the issue?" I ask.

"Which one? Logan or Liam?"

Those were their names. Logan and Liam.

"Does it matter?" I ask.

I don't want to admit that I don't know the name of the person. It was one of the two. I can see the look on both of their faces. It's clear that I stepped into some shit that I had no idea about. You would think I killed someone by the look they were giving me. They were truly disgusted just like he was. I don't get it. I don't understand what I did.

Roger just shakes his head, "Figures..."

With that Roger just walks away. The guy is a dick and I knew it and he's probably eating this up as well. I stand there wanting to be annoyed at him but at the same time feeling like I've done something that is out of my control.

I walk up to Destiny. She's the only one who hasn't stormed off with a fucked up attitude at this point but it looks like she wants to.

"I don't understand how this is my fault," I explain to her, "Destiny. I didn't know it was his brother. Even if I did...I had a job to do."

"Ok..." Destiny states.

She just says it in a funny way. Like, OK, hope that makes you feel better. Or, OK, you are full of shit and we all see right fucking past you.

"That's all you're going to say?" I ask, "OK. That's it?"

Destiny leans over.

I can tell she doesn't want to say anything.

"I understand you didn't know. I think he would understand that as well. But the issue is you keep saying this is just a job. Have you ever thought that maybe this isn't just a job for him? Maybe this is personal?" she states pausing for a moment before catching her breath and grabbing a glass of water. She leans back slow, easy adjusting her thoughts so clearly that the tension is boiling over before finishing, "He hasn't opened up to you about his life. It's not perfect, not like you think it is. Imagine being rejected by your family. Being told that you are not good enough, not because of something you did but just because of who you are. That the name you carry isn't something that you deserve. You are outcast. You are shunned. You are disowned. Then imagine finding out that one of your brothers has been doing the exact same thing but just never got caught. How would you feel? You brought something out of him and you're shit for it."

She doesn't let me answer the question. She just walks away, just like the others. Leaving me to think about it all.

I go to bed that night with one thought and one thought only.