Chin Ho Kelly

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's give it up for Mr. and Mrs. Adam Noshimuri!" You clapped along with everyone else and watched as your best friend and her husband took to the dance floor. You fixed your dress and took a seat as Kono and Adam started their first dance as a married couple. You let your mind drift to what it would be like to get married, when someone took a seat beside you. "What are you thinking about?" You looked over and saw Chin staring at you. "Nothing important. The ceremony was beautiful." He smiled and looked towards the happy couple. "Yeah, it was." You watched his body language and noticed he was on edge. "What's on your mind?" He looked back at you. "Nothing, why?" You gave him a look. "In all the years I've known you, Chin, you have always been a terrible liar." He sighed. "You know me too well." He leaned back in his chair but kept his gaze on Kono. "I just want to make sure that Kono will be safe. Given Adam's past, there's a good chance he's still got enemies or business partners not entirely happy with his choice of a woman over business." You reached out and grabbed his hand. "I get that you're worried, but she's a tough girl, Chin. And if anything were to happen, they would have to face the wrath that is Chin Ho Kelly and the entirety of the Honolulu police department." He chuckled. "You're right." You smirked. "Of course I am. Now let's go dance." You pulled him up and dragged him to the dance floor. You started dancing but Chin just watched you with a smile. "Oh come on! You're making me look like an idiot. Dance with me!" He gave in and started to dance. You laughed and looked around; everyone was having a great time and for once, nobody was worrying about a case. You were starting to get winded when the music changed to something slower. You blushed and watched as couples started to slow dance. "Care to dance?" You turned back and saw Chin was standing closer. "I'd love to." He placed his hands on your hips and you wrapped yours around his neck. "You look beautiful." He whispered. Your face turned a deeper shade of red and you looked down at your feet. "You look really nice tonight." You responded and he chuckled. "Thanks." You sighed and rested your forehead against his chest. "Does this night have to end? I mean I love my job and keeping Hawaii safe, but I also love seeing everyone happy and not stressed." You mumbled. Chin changed his hold and spun you out before spinning you back into his arms. "It doesn't have to end." He stated and you looked up at him. "I don't follow." He brushed a strand of hair out of your face. "Have you ever... have you ever thought about us?" You sighed. "Chin, I-" "Just here me out. Please." You nodded. "You cant deny that there is something between us, and I know you're worried about just being a rebound after Malia but I swear to you... you are not a rebound. I would never do anything like that to you. I care so much for you and I want whatever that's between us to grow." You looked at the wall behind Chin and thought it over. "I just don't want us to get hurt or ruin our friendship." He gently grabbed your face and turned your head to face him. "I would never do anything to hurt you and we've been friends for so long that I doubt anything could ruin it." You sighed. "I know." "So then dinner Thursday night?" You smiled. "Dinner Thursday night." He smiled and kissed your cheek. And just like that, the music picked up pace again and more people got on the dance floor. "Now show me those moves you were busting out earlier." He said and you laughed before pulling back and let loose.