⚤introduction⚤

story title: your lipstick stain is a work of art

pairing: louisxharry

plot: crossdresser louis tomlinson runs into harry styles, and louis' lipstick stains his shirt. but, harry thinks the stain could fit perfectly in an art gallery, so. no hard feelings. just... other feelings.

________

introduction

louis remembers where this all started.

he was seven years old, him and his mum were at some random drug store, looking at mascaras and eye shadows that could be a small gift for his older sister, lottie's, birthday. louis felt his heart beating quickly in his little chest seeing all of the pretty colors you could decorate your face and nails with. he sighed in envy over the fact that he was - in fact - a boy. and boys don't wear girl's stuff.

jay turned around at the disgruntled sound her young son made and looked down at him, expecting to see him huffy and bored out of his mind, ready to leave the girl's things, but she was surprised to see him eyeing a light green nail polish. "do you think lottie would like that, honey?," she asked, and a wave of jealousy waved through louis again - his snotty big sister was going to get what he wanted.

he nodded anyway, if he couldn't wear it, then at least somebody he knew could. "mum," he says as jay takes the bottle off the little rack. 'hm?,' she hummed, picking up a blue eyeshadow kit. "i wish i was a girl, i think," he had said. jay dropped the make-up in surprise and looked back down at louis.

she winced at the splintering sound it made, but got down on her knees to look louis at eye-level. "why do you think you wanna be a girl, love?," she asked soothingly, and louis shrugged.

"i don't know if i wanna be a girl... i just... i like the make-ups and the polishes and they get cute clothes...," he said, using his hands to try and visualize to his mother his problem. she smiled at him softly and started picking up the broken make-up set. she ran her hand through his soft hair when she was done.

"you don't have to be a girl to like those things, honey. who says you can't paint your fingernails?," she asks, booping his button nose.

he opened his mouth to tell her, but couldn't really recall. it's just something that he's been taught. "i..."

"exactly. so how about you get lots a different color and i'll help you paint your nails this lovely green color once we get home?," she said and louis' face lit up. he quickly grabbed the yellow beside where the green was and drug his mum to the front of the store, to the check-out.

____

best award yet:

#152 in TEEN FICTION