⚤three

part three

with still shaky fingers, louis unlocks his locker, mouthing his combination silently.

harry stands off to the side, watching him fondly. it's not unknown to him that louis has never really been able to stand him, but he figures that it's just because he hasn't meet him, and his whole life has been centered around judgement, and harry figures that's all he knows.

louis uses his arm-strength to shovel the large uni books into his locker, he refused harry's assistance. he makes sure not to cover his purse, which has his back-up make-up in it. "where's calum?," louis asks, spitting around, shutting his locker behind his back.

harry blinks a few times before focusing. "he'll be waiting for us at my truck, i usually drive us to lunch," he says, looking at the things in louis' hands quickly. "is that all you're bringing?," he asks, and louis nods his head, shrugging the long strapped bag over his shoulder, smoothing down his hair with his hands.

harry's hands twitch as they walk, and louis looks down at his feet, kind of embarrassed that harry had to witness what happened earlier. he sighs under his breath and crosses his arms over his chest. "miss straisner is going to proper murder me when i get to her class," louis murmurs, trying to make some type of conversation. harry looks over at him, tucking his hands into the pockets of his black jumper.

harry hums a chuckle. "how come?," he asks, opening the door for louis, who steps out into the cool air with a small shiver.

"i missed her class yesterday, i went home and fell asleep at, like, one o'clock and was literally forced awake by my roommate at six this morning. it was an 'extremely important' lesson, apparently," he sighs, shrugging his shoulders. harry's eyebrows lift at the mention of louis' roommate again, and he bites at the side of his cheek. "so, this is your truck?," louis asks, spotting calum, who is sat in the front passenger seat, typing away on his phone.

louis, literally, never would've imagined that he would get anywhere near the inside of harry's truck. it's old, brown, dirty looking, and it's harry-chic. not louis' ideal vehicle, but as long as it doesn't break down, he can deal. "yeah, she was my, um, she was my dad's...," harry says, his voice dropping at the end. louis nods quietly, he doesn't feel like he knows harry well enough to press the matter.

calum, looking up from his mobile, notices harry and louis approaching the car. he opens his door and climbs out with a grin on his face. "hey, lou-bird," he smiles, and harry gives him a stern look at the nickname. he looks down, though, as louis giggles faintly, shaking his head with a grin on his lips, that look much softer without the lipstick on them. "you wanna ride shotgun?," calum asks, wiggling his eyebrows at harry as louis looks down at his bag, shuffling through it for his wallet, making sure he has money.

louis shakes his head quickly, and looks up, his hand still in his bag. "i don't wanna take your spot," he says softly, and calum scoffs and louis' eyes widen.

"don't worry about it," calum chuckles, and louis straightens up, wallet in hand, and looks at harry as calum tumbles into the backseat. harry furrows his eyebrows and looks at louis with a shrug. reaching forward, harry opens louis' door and goes around before louis can blink. he opens his own door and climbs into the driver's seat. he can't believe he just did that, and he also can't believe that he's actually getting louis tomlinson into his truck. "are we going to azmerelda's?," calum asks as louis climbs in and shuts the door.

louis nearly groans. azmerelda's is the local country styled joint. there's deer heads on the walls and old photos hanging around. louis is more into places with colorful lights and graffiti on the walls, but they still look clean and classy. there's one on the other end of town that his and jesy's high-school friend owns like that, but there's rarely enough time to go all the way across town.