⚤seven

part seven

louis sighs as jesy continues to tweak his appearance. a little more hair gel here, a different skirt, a lighter shade of eyeshadow.

"jesy, we have to be back at the uni in... six minutes," louis huffs, looking over at the wall clock. jesy sighs heavily and looks at her creation.

instead of all the plain, black clothing, jesy has had him take off the jeans, replacing it with a soft pink colored skirt, matched with a teal t-shirt. she replaced his vans with his rarely used black doc martins, and fixed his make-up. "i guess this'll do. we've gotta woo all of the boys, lou," she coos, and louis slaps at her hands as she grabs at his cheeks.

"want me to dump water on you again?," he asks facetiously, and she narrows her eyes at him, pointing a finger animatedly.

"i wouldn't try with the likes of that, again, mr. tomlinson. i hear that poking the bear is not very wise," she threatens, and louis scoffs and rolls his eyes. even though he does kinda take her serious. "and anyway," she says, grabbing her purse from the door handle, tossing louis his. "my make-up is waterproof"

harry groans as calum fixes his shirt. which is his shirt, as in calum's. "i don't see why i had to change...," he grumbles, pulling his green bay beanie farther down over his hair. calum scrunches his nose up.

"you, my friend, need a haircut," he says, and harry rolls his eyes as he makes cutting motions with his fingers. "and i've had you change because you're not going to impress louis with your normal attire," he says, and harry furrows his eyebrows dumbly.

"i can impress louis without your help," he says, crossing his arms over his chest with a pout. calum squints his eyes at him.

"so you admit that you're trying to impress louis?," he says with sneaky eyebrows, and harry opens his mouth to retort, but end up blubbering, his mouth bobbing until he finally clamps it shut with a scowl.

"wanker," he huffs, and calum gives a quiet laugh at him, opening the door to the uni

both boys watch michael clifford walk over to them, his candy floss hair sticking out amongst the crowd. also, his very pale skin. "who is he texting?," he asks as harry looks down at his phone, sending a message to louis, hoping that he doesn't appear too clingy.

to: lou x

word text: r u close?.x

he, also, hopes that it isn't too early to start sending 'x's. they only exchanged phone numbers thirty minutes ago. "louis tomlinson," calum says it with a scandalous tone and harry looks up to scowl at him.

"tranlinson?," michael asks in confusion and harry bristles automatically.

"what would make you think that it's okay to call him ─ anyone that?," harry says angrily, putting his hands on his hips. michael starts blubbering as his phone buzzes, and he looks down at it, smiling as he sees that louis has replied.

from: lou x

subject text: yeah , me and jes are about 3 minutes from. (:

harry's heart ─ not admittedly ─ flutters at the use of the smiley face. " ─ i, uh, mate, i didn't mean it derogatory-ish or anything ─ no, i'm chill with whatever he's with, that's just what came out of my mouth, that's what everybody references him by... which i don't like either!," michael continues to blabber as harry creates a response.

to: lou x

subject text: k.

he looks up as michael groans loudly, pulling at his poor, fragile hairs. "mike, it's okay ─ well, it's not okay, but i get it, we all have slip up. but with that said, do not have a slip up around him," harry says sternly, and michael nods his head quickly, overwhelmingly embarrassed and ashamed.

calum just silently watches as harry continues to look at his phone. he can see harry's lip curl upwards just that little bit more each time his phone buzzes with a new message. he didn't even know they exchanged numbers, harry only acts like this when he's talking about, or around louis. today (and part of yesterday) is the first he's ever had courage enough to talk to him.

from: lou x

subject field: you better not start with one letter responses with me , styles !

harry laughs quietly at that, missing how calum and michael exchange a look.

to: lou x

subject field: ok

he locks his phone and looks between his mates, who are looking at each other, then at harry, until they catch his eyes and silence each other. he goes to question them, but his phone buzzing automatically sidetracks his.

from: lou x

subject field: ew ! don't spell it like thaaat !

harry actually giggles then. a twenty year old university man, giggling over some innocent flirting. he starts to type something else out, but louis beats him to it.

from: lou x

subject field: we ' re here btw .

harry smiles and from his position on the second story, he can see louis' bus arrive. he tries to not look quite so stalkerish as he watches people load off. he smiles in excitement as he sees louis ─ who has definitely changed clothes ─ flanked by both men and women.

to: lou x

subject field: okay

he sends it, and watches louis look down at his phone and laugh, covering his mouth with his free hand. he watches him compose a message, and his face hurts from smiling as his phone buzzes.

from: lou x

subject field: better ... x