Chapter 1

Y/N POV

"I heard there's a new kid in school." I say to Josh. "Ha, I hope they're cool!" Josh says. "Y-Yeah..." I hesitate to say. Josh is the 'bully' in school. He is so popular. I wanted to join him, but now I regret it. And if I leave, I will get bullied just like all the other people in school. I've tried to ignore him, but then he threatens me. Josh doesn't know I'm secretly friends with Denis, Braden, Alex and Elijah. If he found out, he would kill me. My friends are the only people that really love me. My parents abuse me so much, I have to wear a sweatshirt so no one see's my bruises. Anyway, the new kid is in all my classes. What are the odds? He is wearing a green hoodie over his face. He is quiet the whole time and so I decide to talk to him after class.

The bell rings and he gets up, with his head down. I follow him out the door and I tap him on his shoulder. He turns around and I can only see his mouth under his hoodie. "Hi." I say, waving slightly and smiling. He takes out a small notebook and starts to write something. He shows me it. He writes, 'Hi, I'm Sub'. He has the neatest hand writing I've ever seen. But why doesn't he talk? "My name is Y/N. Do you want to be friends?" I ask. And, yet again, he writes something down. 'Sure!' He writes. I smile. Sub takes his hand out of his pocket and gives me a thumbs up.

"Want to go meet my friends?" I ask as we walk out the school doors. 'Yeah' He writes. "Okay! I'm sure they'll like you." I say. I see Sub smile slightly. We talk for while, then I see Josh. He hasn't noticed us yet, though. Josh turns his head to us. He smiles evilly. "You've got to be kidding me..." I say. Sub writes down something. 'Who is that?' He writes. "The bully.." I say. "Well, well, well, the new kid and Y/N.." Josh says, walking towards us.