Chapter 8

Little bit of suicidal things occur in this chapter, so if you're not comfortable, I suggest you don't read. Thanks :)

Sub POV

I can't sleep. Why I can't? I keep thinking of that dream. The dream with the angel that looks like Y/N. I have to say it, I like her. She is so funny, sweet, sensitive, kind, cute. I check my phone. 12:53. Almost 1:00 am. I can't believe I'm up for adoption. I've been through so much, now this? Why? I close my eyes and I fall asleep, while a tear drips down my cheek.

Dream

People tell me a useless piece of crap. And they are correct. I'm a useless piece of crap that no one likes. I've had depression for three years, now. Everyone hates me 'cause I'm mute. I look so stupid. Whatever your thinking, it's probably worse. I grab a knife. Y/N walks downstairs and see's my holding the knife. "Sub, we've talked about this." She says. I hold the knife to my chest. Then, I put it through my skin. I put that knife in my chest. The last thing I hear is Y/N scream my name.

I wake up, expecting to be in hell. Sweat pours down my face. I feel my chest. I sigh a sigh of relief. I thought I was dead, for a second. That dream...  It felt so real. Too real. Maybe the dream was right. Maybe I am a piece of crap. Maybe I do look stupid. People hate me. I go on my phone. 7:28. The doctor walks into the room. "Oh, your awake!" He says. I nod and go back to my phone. I scroll through Wattpad. Ugh, nothing to read. I put my phone down and look at the doctor writing something. He smiles at me. "You will be 'set free' in about 3 hours. You can ether go to the adoption center right away, or you can hang out with your friends until your curfew." He explains. I get a piece of paper and write something. 'I'll go somewhere with my friends.' I write. "Okay!" He says, leaving the room. I fall asleep.

Dream

She pulls me closer to her face until we kiss. A soft, beautiful kiss. She pulls away then disappears. I fall into the fog. Was it all in my head? I hit the bottom of the cliff. The pain.... I get picked up and brought to the top of the cliff. I wake up, with the angel, looking at me. She picks me up, again, and then takes me away. Into the sky.

"Sub, wake up." The doctor says. "It's time to leave." He says. I sit up and get out the bed. I walk out the door and see Y/N and the others. "Sub!" Y/N says, hugging me. I blush slightly and hug back. "So glad to see you again!" Braden says. "Yeah!" Elijah says. They are faking. They don't mean it. I fake a smile and walk with them down to Denis' house. I have my hand in my pockets the whole way there. The doctor handed me my adoption sheet as I left. We arrive at the house and me and Y/N go to Denis' bedroom. "So, um, Sub.. it's time I tell you what has happened..." Y/N says. I nod nervously. She explains everything. Everything. Her life. Her parents. Her bruises. She tells me about what happened yesterday. And I thought my life was bad. I let the words sink in. I wish I was there. To help her. To comfort her. But I was stuck in a smelly hospital. Sleeping. God, I hate myself. Why couldn't I have been there? My parents, that's why. My. Stupid. Dad. I comfort Y/N and write 'I need to go to the bathroom'. She nods. I walk in. Wow, Denis' family much be pretty wealthy. Beautiful marble sink, huge mirror, and a very pretty shower curtain design. It's light blue, with slightly darker blue paint smudges. You can tell that was the design choice, but if you glance at it you might think a five-year-old got out of control in the bathroom with some paint.

Don't read on if sensitive or you can't handle people hurting themselves. Ok, bye!

I open drawers in the bathroom. There they are, scissors. Wait, no. Sub, you can't hurt yourself. Don't do it. I can almost hear Y/N's voice telling me to stop. But I can't. I pull up my sleeve and pick the sharpest blade of the scissors. I put the blade on my arm. I sigh. Sub, don't do this. It's bad. Don't.

I slice my arm, blood comes rushing out. Uhm, tissues! I soak the blood with a tissue, and continue to cut. But after a while the tissue is drenched in blood. I put more tissues over the cuts. I probably go through half of the tissue box when I start to feel nauseous. I hear a knock at the door. "Sub, are you ok?" It's Y/N. I try to write a note, but my hand is shaking so much you can barely read it. I slip it under the door. 'YEs, i'M finE' it wrote. "Sub, you sure? You've been in here for almost thirty minutes." Y/N murmurs. I write one more note. 'pleAse hELp'. I manage to slide the note under the door before I collapse in my own blood. The door opens and I see Y/N in shock. "DENIS!" She screams. I'm shaking. My head hurts and my heart is beating fast. Ms. Kopotun is on the phone with 911, and Y/N and Denis are next to me. I can barely hear them. ".....Be fine....ok....don't worry......stay..." I've never spoken in years. Maybe now is my chance. I open my eyes a little. "Y-Y/N.. I-I-I love-e y-you."

I can just barely see the paramedics when-

Darkness.